• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Steyr Schienenpanzer Artilleriewagen: Scratch 1/35

Thanks!!!

Well, more updates:

Both infantry "smokies" guys:

DSCN5835.jpg

DSCN5836.jpg

Balast, using cat litter

DSCN5922b.jpg

A try with flower sponge for the railway platform...I don't like...

DSCN5925.jpg

....so, I made a mold with plasticard....

DSCN5926.jpg

....and cast a new one with dentist plaster

DSCN5927.jpg

I carved the floor with a pencil point

DSCN5928.jpg

Driver and kommandant (WIP). I see the chosen commander has Waffen-SS uniform...so, I change it for this one of a Tamiya box:

DSCN5929.jpg

DSCN5930.jpg

DSCN5931.jpg

And I don't like the driver face, so I take a Hornet head and prepare it for surgery

DSCN5932.jpg

DSCN5936b.jpg

The railways platform, painted:

DSCN5938.jpg

DSCN5939.jpg

The new driver shouting...who knows what to the truppen

DSCN5940b.jpg

All is in progress, so, comments and ideas are wellcomed

Darío

Thanks Randy

I want to add a water crane to the scene
There is various pics of those devices in the Web; something like this:

bomba-Wasserkran_Bf_Sttzerbach480.jpg

So, I take my used ballpen collection...

DSCN6361.jpg

...and I start to take measures, cut, make corrections, and file, and glue...etc I used an old Pz III gun for the water pipe lever

DSCN6362.jpg

The water crane painted and weathered. I add some bicarbonate to simulate frost on the ground; I still need to wipe the excess and see how it looks

DSCN6369.jpg

DSCN6370.jpg

DSCN6374.jpg

DSCN6375.jpg

Where do you think the dog will choose for a rest? The cement platform or the frost/snow?

Comments are wellcomed

Cheers

Darío

Excellent effort Dario,

Great attention to detail.Look forward to seeing this wagon painted up.

Keep up the good work (y)

Michael :)

Very nice, great skill.
My comment is about the uniforms of the crew. They are summer/fall and are on the edge of matching the guys in great coats. Maybe if you add a coat to the turret roof as if the crew took them off to have more room in the steyr.
Secondly I do like the 'driver' sticking his head out of the hatch and getting the attention of the guy lighting the cigarette. If he's not there it looks a bit 'off' to me that the guy is not focusing on lighting the cigarette.

Re:Steyr Schienenpanzer Artilleriewagen: Scratch 1

This is very beautiful work. I'm too lazy myself to put rivets and bolts in to my works :blush: .

Re:Steyr Schienenpanzer Artilleriewagen: Scratch 1

This is very beautiful work. I'm too lazy myself to put rivets and bolts in to my works :blush: .

slodder wrote:
Very nice, great skill.
My comment is about the uniforms of the crew. They are summer/fall and are on the edge of matching the guys in great coats. Maybe if you add a coat to the turret roof as if the crew took them off to have more room in the steyr.
Secondly I do like the 'driver' sticking his head out of the hatch and getting the attention of the guy lighting the cigarette. If he's not there it looks a bit 'off' to me that the guy is not focusing on lighting the cigarette.

Thanks guys!
Slodder, I suposed the kommandant has left is overcoat inside the vehicle :blink

Well, I'm looking for info about theese schemes proposed by Revell (ex-Dragon) instruction sheet

esquemas.jpg

As you can see, the first one suggest a base of dark yellow with ...beige stripes ? :S I wonder if the beige may be a diluted red brown

The second one suggest the same base with whitewash, but I've never see pics of any of the 2 schemes :angry:

Any pic?

Thanks!

Darío

Thanks Ovidiu!
Finally I decide to paint in the winter scheme, so, after a pair of coat of dark yellow, a pair of old black balcan crosses and 2 coats of Blem acrilic floor polish, I applied VO5 laquer spray and Tamiya Flat White.

Perhaps I apply too little floor polish, because it was no easy to remove the white paint. I used come laundry soap and a mixture of water-alcohol to remove it in some parts
The paint job must ble continued with some sponge and brush chipping/mapping job

DSCN6390b.jpg

DSCN6391b.jpg

DSCN6392b.jpg

DSCN6393b.jpg

Darío

Thanks guys! I'm still waiting for the kommandant figure; Meanwhile, inspired by this post

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/thread/1281635532/Sanit%E4tshunde--

I add the first aid kit and a canteen to "Otto"

DSCN6445b.jpg

DSCN6445c.jpg

patan.gif

Darío

It´s really comforting to see how a nice and complex proyect reachs to the end in a so satisfactory way. Too many promising projects never are finished.

But you did in the best possiblle way!. My sincere congratulations my friend!. Results are evident. Excellent!

Awesome, Dario! I really like the figures, quite lifelike! The scratch built aspect makes this build even better!!:notworthy :notworthy

Back