• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

STEARMAN PT-17

I stood next to one painted up like that at Thunder Over Michigan Saturday and my eye was drawn to the fuel lines thanks to your model and you got it spot on ! Now all you need to spice it up is a jet engine

tom017.jpg

Oh crap! A jet engine on a Stearman?

Thanks OD!

:D

Yesterday I began the decaling process. I have applied the larger decals so far. They lay down pretty good with some Microsol. Here is the result after another coat of future.

Terry B)

DSC02079.JPG

DSC02080.JPG

DSC02081.JPG

DSC02082.JPG

DSC02083.JPG

DSC02084.JPG

DSC02085.JPG

DSC02086.JPG

Looking very nice T :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I think the bit of detailing and decals that you have added this last week has done a lot to break up the brightness of paint scheme. :good: Excellent .

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking very nice T :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I think the bit of detailing and decals that you have added this last week has done a lot to break up the brightness of paint scheme. :good: Excellent .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks! I still want to do some more pin washes here and there to enhance more of the details.

B)

Ok all the decals are on now and I have added brake lines to the landing gear. I also painted the propeller tips. Getting real close to the end of this one. I still want to add some more pin washes, but I need to let the future cure some more.

B)

DSC02090.JPG

DSC02098.JPG

DSC02099.JPG

DSC02091.JPG

DSC02092.JPG

...I'm certain you've got it covered, Ming, but I'll mention it quietly anyways..... :pinch: "shiny tyres", Shhhhhh.

Ian

Back