• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

STEARMAN PT-17

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Started this little gem a couple of days ago. Revells new Stearman is a really nice kit with interior framing and details. The fit so far is great with little or no filling. Here are some pic's.

Terry :pilot

DSC01945.JPG

DSC01946.JPG

DSC02000.JPG

DSC02001.JPG

DSC02002.JPG

DSC02005.JPG

DSC02006.JPG

DSC02007.JPG

DSC02008.JPG

DSC02012.JPG

I almost bought that kit at my lhs last Saturday but - rigging!

will be watching how you do this one (y)

is there something about which prop goes with which version Army/Navy - Metal/Wood ?

I almost bought that kit at my lhs last Saturday but - rigging!

will be watching how you do this one (y)

is there something about which prop goes with which version Army/Navy - Metal/Wood ?

I think it's more about the version then which branch. What's cool is that the kit has decals for the wood grain. I will be using the metal prop and the blue yellow paint scheme.

hfd29cf4.jpg

oooooo!
the note pad is out! I have this kit and I want to do it for my dad...

looking good!

Ok just for that here's an update. I closed things up and added some rigging and paint.

Terry

DSC02015.JPG

DSC02017.JPG

DSC02018.JPG

DSC02019.JPG

DSC02021.JPG

DSC02022.JPG

DSC02020.JPG

She sure is purdy look Terry (y) What did you use for the turn buckles and rigging? Ez Line or something else?

Back