• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Star Wars Tropic Speeder

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I said I was in for a SciFi project. This is AMT's Star Wars Snow Speeder, but I'm going to go with a green camo I think. :hmmm

start off photo
DSC02749_zpsjk4rcnt9.jpg

brush painted some stuff :eek:hmy: I'm not a good brush painter :bang head

DSC02750_zps3lznghgl.jpg

the cannons are warped just a bit, might replace them with some styrene tubing
DSC02751_zpsxj2baaak.jpg

most of the driver and gunner painted
DSC02752_zps6wusdmt6.jpg

DSC02753_zps19mcyqth.jpg

more assembly stuff, I even took a page from MrT's builds
DSC02754_zpsagchesdh.jpg

DSC02755_zpsclcqyqh4.jpg

I'd had enough of the brush painting and went a fired up the air brush and shot the sub-assemblies
DSC02756_zpsktwegsk8.jpg

that's all until next time :drinks

My little buddy is most upset that you aren't doing a "proper" Snowspeeder !!

Ian.

My little buddy is most upset that you aren't doing a "proper" Snowspeeder !!

Ian.

Ah man, well no intent to disappoint. I'm a big fan of Star Wars too. I always wished they would had some in the Return Of the Jedi on the the forest moon of Endor. I'm playing with that idea for this project.

I don't know that "Snow" speeders were designed just for cold weather. In the movie there is mention made about having "problems adapting them to the cold". So I suppose the speeders could and probably would be used in other climates. I did one in red, orange, and black and called it a "Lava" speeder.

Terry B)

I don't know that "Snow" speeders were designed just for cold weather. In the movie there is mention made about having "problems adapting them to the cold". So I suppose the speeders could and probably would be used in other climates. I did one in red, orange, and black and called it a "Lava" speeder.

Terry B)

COOL!

Thought of possible desert of sea speeder too :hmmm

IIRC, the speeder was based on a cargo tug with 4 combat versions made from it. The snowspeeder with added heaters and de-icers, the swampspeeder with added flotation gear and waterproofing, the sandspeeder with added sand filters and improved navigation systems and a skyspeeder to operate at higher alitudes with more powerful repulsors and a pressurized cockpit.

Cheers,
Rich

IIRC, the speeder was based on a cargo tug with 4 combat versions made from it. The snowspeeder with added heaters and de-icers, the swampspeeder with added flotation gear and waterproofing, the sandspeeder with added sand filters and improved navigation systems and a skyspeeder to operate at higher alitudes with more powerful repulsors and a pressurized cockpit.

Cheers,
Rich

Cool, thanks Rich! :good:

Back