• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Staghound Mk. III

Its just Krylon primer that I picked up at Canadian Tire. They had Red Oxide in stock that day, it also comes in Grey, White and Black. The hull was primed once the tarps and netting had hardened.

Cheers,
Rich

Got back onto the Staghound with a wash and filters.

Paint_7.JPG

Paint_8.JPG

Lost a mirror along the way, but it seems the real thing did too. I've seen several pictures of Staghounds that had the mirror supports with one side missing a mirror.

Cheers,
Rich

The Public Works Department was hard at it today putting in sidewalks, curbs and a wall.

Base_1.JPG

Base_2.JPG

Base_3.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Excellent job Rich nice base ... love the cork brick work excellent paint detail and weathering two thumbs up !!! ... (y)

Great work!! Really like the wall and sidewalk. I know you said it was cork, but how did you make it look so good? Gary S.

Thanks guys.

Once I got all the bricks, curb strips and sidewalk panels cutout I used the rougher side of a nail board to smooth out the cut faces and round the edges of the cork. I didn't worry about getting every thing perfect and there is the occasional "happy accident" when a piece breaks out and gives that worn and aged look. Everything was glued together using white glue.

Cheers,
Rich

In a flash of madness, I decided to go for a cobblestone street. So, after 3 evenings and 215 bricks later, I have half the street done.

Base_4.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Back