• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Milestone Achieved, Ready for Inspection

Duke Maddog

As you know, I completed my 900th model back in February. After some time, I was able to arrange to have all 900 of them placed on display at our local Knights of Columbus/St. Crispin's Irregulars hall. These were set up on 8x3 foot tables and numerous pictures were taken; and I kept them up for three days so people could come and see them all. I also edited these pics to be a bit bigger than usual so a little mode detail can be seen.

Without further ado, here are the pictures of the:

full

The first thing I did was to set up all the German railroad equipment I have. I apologize for the poor quality of this pic, it's the best of all of them:

full

The the German Army was all set up in front of that. I was experimenting to see if I could get better pics, sometimes it worked out:

full

Next came the Russians as they were the next largest army in the collection:

full

In front of them came my US Army and US Marines. The Marines are on the far right:

full

I then placed my European and Commonwealth armies on the next table:

full

Finally, I added my Japanese and Middle Eastern armies to the last table:

full

And now, the entire collection for you to inspect. I apologize for the poor quality of these pics; I did everything I could to get sharper pics using notes everyone gave me the last time I posted my collection:

full

full

full

During this time I also took advantage of the opportunity to update individual armies. You've seen the biggest ones: German, Russian and American armies since they all have their own tables, so here's some specific shots of all my smaller armies for your closer inspection.

We'll start with my British Army:

full

Here is my Australian Army:

full

my Canadian Army, everything in front of the flag:

full

my French Army:

full

My Italian Army:

full

My Swedish Army:

full

and my Polish forces:

full

Next is my Japanese Army:

full

Then my Iraqi Army:

full

My Syrian forces. The tank off to the left is a T-90 from India, I just haven't made a flag for it yet:

full

And my Egyptian Army:

full

Finally, here's my Israeli Army:

full

Just for fun after that I decided to take pics of some of my select groups of models. For instance, these two Sherman tanks with two different rocket launchers on top of their turrets:

full

Then there's these M109 Paladins:

full

Here's all my Stryker vehicles all completed:

full

This is every ambulance and fire truck I have:

full

And all my civilian vehicles from all countries:

full

And there it is, my entire collection of 900 small scale vehicles all on one set of tables. Now it's time to get started on the next 100 so I can reach my next milestone.

Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome and I appreciate all your support and compliments.

Cool Mark! I like the civi vehicles and the ambulance, fire truck set. So just how long has it taken you to get to the 900 mark? When did you start it.
Joey and Chandler thumbs up.gif

Well done for actually keeping all your builds. I hate to think the space i would need if i had done the same :)

Thank you Paul! I started with the vehicles in 1970 when I was seven with an ancient ESCI panzerjager I that is in the collection. So, I've been slowly building this for 54 years now. Truly a Guinness-Book-of-Records-level achievement! And I'm thrilled to have civilian vehicles in this collection too; they are so rare in this scale.

Thank you Jeeves!

Thank you Paddy! I know; I am currently out of space myself right now. That's why the vehicles stay in their tubs.

Thank you Chris! So many people have said the same. They are definitely eye-catching!

Most of them are Saul! :skipper: :coolio2: There's still a few than can be seen with the naked eye! :wow:

Thank you Sharkman! I'm looking forward to the next one.

Thank you Dave! I'm glad you stopped in! I'm very happy to share this.

Back