• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Something on Wheels

Something on wheels update November 15

Thanks Mike, I have already re-written the post in the right thread.

Cheers

Alex

Something on wheels update December 2

However, this stimulated me to do an update ;)

The engine.
Some of you might recognize it: the famous Pratt & Whitney Turbofan, with a constant rotation speed of
4000 rpm, capable of about 100 horsepowers.
Instead of the expected noisy choo-choo, only a soft buzzing is audible.
Of course, there is not exactly an accelerator pedal, it works more as a reversed clutch.
Released, there is no power transport from the engine to the gearbox (yes there is !).
Pressed, the clutch is more and more engaged and torque is supplied to the gearbox.

The system has a standby position, where the water temperature is reduced to just below boiling,
with a very low petblock consumption.
It will be ready to drive in a minute at startup.

The pics, still got to remove some last seems.

ford_be.jpg

ford_bf.jpg

ford_bg.jpg

Thanks for watching, willem

Something on wheels update December 2

Woo hoo! We have a powerplant! :yipee

Something on wheels update December 14

Hi all,

Some work on the body and chassis.

The vehicle was originally designed for 15-20 mph, so just a transaxle brake was sufficient.
Now that the roadspeed is 40-50 mph, hydraulic brakes on the front wheels are mounted.
I also gave the body a nice military green color.

ford_bh.jpg

ford_bi.jpg

An overview so far, testfitted.
Still a long way to go !

ford_bj.jpg

Thanks for watching, more to come !

Something on wheels update December 27

Hi all,

Some paint !

Dashboard, really needed some more instruments

ford_bk.jpg

ford_bl.jpg

Engine completed, still have to add a more shiny finish on the copper.

ford_bm.jpg

ford_bn.jpg

ford_bo.jpg

Thanks for watching, more to come !

This is looking more and more excellent! I like it! Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the steering wheel on backwards? Usually the outer ring is projected toward the driver, not pushed back on the stem.

A lot of the early cars had impalers for steering wheels. It was the norm of the day.

Okay cool. Thanks for setting me straight. I learned something today. Carry on my friend! :good:

Hi Duke,

I agree that a large part of this build comes straight out of my mind, but the steering wheel happens to be correct, I checked that against original pictures and the manual.

And I'm happy some people like my creation :)

Thanks to guys like MR.T (and others !) who showed the way how to do imaginary builds !

Willem

Very cool, Willem. I'm really digging the gauges, their depth looks real. :good: (y)

Hi Duke,

I agree that a large part of this build comes straight out of my mind, but the steering wheel happens to be correct, I checked that against original pictures and the manual.

And I'm happy some people like my creation :)

Thanks to guys like MR.T (and others !) who showed the way how to do imaginary builds !

Willem

Yeah forget the wheel, that's nothing, what I'm worried about is the live steam condenser being plumbed inline with the reversing harmonic imbalancer. They would never had done that... :smack

:rotf :rotf :rotf :tomato

moon puppy wrote:
what I'm worried about is the live steam condenser being plumbed inline with the reversing harmonic imbalancer. They would never had done that.

A matter of fact they did !
My build is the very evidence ! :frantic :beer

willem

moon puppy wrote:
what I'm worried about is the live steam condenser being plumbed inline with the reversing harmonic imbalancer. They would never had done that.

A matter of fact they did !
My build is the very evidence ! :frantic :beer

willem

Oh...well...carry on. :rotf

Back