• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Smer 1/72 LeO 451... Finished!

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Thanks for the comments everyone!

This thing has taken a nose dive since I started to put paint on the top. I had the yellow peel, the RLM 70 run, the RLM 71 not cover well, my old airbrush got toasted, my newer one is messed up now, nearly every decal cracked and broke in a million pieces, etc.. etc... :bang head :bang head :frantic :frantic :frantic

I've never been this frustrated with a build before!! :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :mad Actually came very close to launching it at the wall!

Anyway, this is where it's at. It is not one of my better builds (hopefully the pictures hide what I've tried to cover up). I still have one day and not a lot left to finish so I might get it done on time, might not!

We'll see! (y)

I pulled off a hap-hazzard splinter pattern

and how she looks at the moment

It was going to be "TP+BK" but the "K" had other plans!!!

Oh wow, that is super-neat!

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Thanks for the comments everyone!

This thing has taken a nose dive since I started to put paint on the top. I had the yellow peel, the RLM 70 run, the RLM 71 not cover well, my old airbrush got toasted, my newer one is messed up now, nearly every decal cracked and broke in a million pieces, etc.. etc... :bang head :bang head :frantic :frantic :frantic

I've never been this frustrated with a build before!! :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :mad Actually came very close to launching it at the wall!

It must be catching because I had the same kind of issues on several of my builds yesterday. Looks to me like you were far more successful at overcoming them than I was. That really locks brilliant! Way to go!

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Thanks for the great comments guys! This place is a real moral booster!

It is amazing what some paint and a brush can cover up! :D

I got 4 hrs or so tonight to try and get it finished up. Might be a photo finish!

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Thanks again everyone!!

Good to have the support group!!

Here's the bottom

and it with the gloss coat and I added the new door. Just made that out of sheet styrene and added a piece of furnace tape to the back.

So, I don't feel as bad about it now. Still don't consider it a great finish (but we are always our worst critic, aren't we?) but it is done! Yeah! I've been so busy these past two weeks I'll have to come back and check out everyone else's builds this weekend.

Anyway, here are some final shots!

In my humble opinion, I think it came out much nicer than I had anticipated :D (y) (y)

It's down right attractive for a French bird ( :rotf ) . Probably my biggest distraction is that Heller did not give any engine details...

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey Warren, very nice job! :notworthy :notworthy

I prefer the original french camouflage but your jaundice queen looks very interesting. Congrats.

Cheers

Alex

Warren, I highly commend you for completing such a large, difficult and unique model and making it look so incredible during a month-long build. You have done what I cannot do. I bow to the greater skill! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Well done my friend, and congrats on a successful campaign.

Thanks a lot Mark!

and thanks to everyone else for the wonderful comments! It was a bit of a struggle, mostly because my gear is failing. I think I'm going to need a new air brush after this (or a major overhaul on my Renegade). I still don't think it is as good as others I've done but as I said, we are our own worst critics!

These little 1/72 guys are more of a challenge for me. I prefer the 1/48! I'd like to take a stab at this one in 1/48 in the French camo!

Back