• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Smer 1/72 LeO 451... Finished!

sharkman

Master at Arms
Had a blast with this last year!

As promised, I'm planning on building the Smer 1/72 Loire et Olivier LeO 451.

(will post the start up pic next week)

Got this kit as a $7 trade in last February at the LHS. The decals are crap so I'm going to do it up as something different!

B)

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

March madness is upon us ... I've got to see this one very interesting ... this one ... :hmmm :ro: :dude

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Had a blast with this last year!

As promised, I'm planning on building the Smer 1/72 Loire et Olivier LeO 451.

(will post the start up pic next week)

Got this kit as a $7 trade in last February at the LHS. The decals are crap so I'm going to do it up as something different!

B)

I will be taking notes as I have one of these gathering dust in the coset .

There's just something about that bird that says built in France. :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Yeah, it does have the "French" look!

I'll try not to disappoint, will be doing it as a captured bird as I have some spare decals in the drawer.

A couple pics!

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Thanks everyone! I see quite a few others joined up so I'll have to check those out later!

Got a start on this yesterday!

As I said, the decals aren't great. They are yellowed, have some staining, the instructions were stuck to part of them, so I won't be using them. I might use the instrument decals though

The kits origins!

I am going to cut this door out and have it open

To make a pattern, I just oput a piece of paper against it and then rubbed a pencil over it

The kit gives you an option to have the gondola lowered by simply gluing it on the fuselage. I cut the opening out and put the whole thing in in the retracted position.

Got the tail and the engine nacelles together

and started some work on the gear bays

I had read that the germans mainly used these captured 451's for training and transport duties, so I am adding some detail to the fuselage just as an empty cabin. There was supposed to be a bomb rack against the port side of the fuselage and I believe O2 bottles on the starboard

Not going for accuracy here, just adding a little to improve the sparcity! STill have more to do here.

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Pretty typical Heller kit . I like your bravery (y)

There is a book of this bird on Ebay if you need help .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back