• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Smer 1/72 LeO 451... Finished!

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Wow , this thing is brutal Still, the way I remember French cars

Cheers, Christian

So you're saying the fit is about the same as a early 1970's Renault ?? - Yeah I can see that. Keep at it Warren, you're doing a great job, friend.

Ian.

I could not specify a year, but from my time in repairing foreign auto's the French cars were near impossible. I would not even specify a brand either . We had some Citroens as well.
They also corroded at a phenomenal rate as compared to others . Perhaps they were not meant to be kept.

Drove good while they ran.... :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Reminds me of the joke I used to hear about Renault cars (fits for other French cars too): What's the difeerence between a door-to-door salesman and a Renault??? You can alsway slam the front door on a salesman!!! :rotf

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

If I offended anyone I am sorry, FWIW, my fam owned a pair of British Austins back in the day! (A Mini-Cooper & an Austin America)

Hey that is great work, I am really wanting to see the paint on this!!!

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Looking great Warren, that's comoing along well.

Iambrb, I wasn't offended; that was a great joke! I also love your new avatar; you should keep that one.

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Yes, back at it! I expect a few late nights this week.

It is basically together, minus a few do-dads. Mostly just painting left to do.

Masking this one was a real SOB!!!! I used some Micro Mask on the front of the glazing and for some of the smaller windows because I couldn't get tape to fit. Hope it works OK!

I painted a quick coat of semi-gloss white on the bottom to make the yellow stand out a bit

Then did the yellow undersides.

More tomorrow!

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Should start thinking about a liver transplant with that jaundice... :sick:

Excellent job. Looking forward to the rest...

Alex

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Thanks for the comments everyone!

This thing has taken a nose dive since I started to put paint on the top. I had the yellow peel, the RLM 70 run, the RLM 71 not cover well, my old airbrush got toasted, my newer one is messed up now, nearly every decal cracked and broke in a million pieces, etc.. etc... :bang head :bang head :frantic :frantic :frantic

I've never been this frustrated with a build before!! :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :mad Actually came very close to launching it at the wall!

Anyway, this is where it's at. It is not one of my better builds (hopefully the pictures hide what I've tried to cover up). I still have one day and not a lot left to finish so I might get it done on time, might not!

We'll see! (y)

I pulled off a hap-hazzard splinter pattern

and how she looks at the moment

It was going to be "TP+BK" but the "K" had other plans!!!

Smer 1/72 LeO 451

Looks great from here Warren. Sure looks different in those colours. I like it! (y) (y)

Back