• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Show us your modelling caves, workshops etc etc

Yeah, normal fires are cool, but when you add in all the pretty colors from plastic, glue, thinner, paint, solder, resin, and what ever else deadly substances are found in a modeler's cave....i'll bet it does make for one helluva sight. The extinguisher is to keep it from making the rest of the house a not so pretty sight.

This be my humble "office".

DSCN1892.JPG

DSCN1889.JPG

Kits and reference storage is elsewhere, this is just for active projects and research.

Photos of my new wok area. I still need to do things to it. It will wait. I would like to make a work bench that runs along the walls with storage in it. This will work for now (more than likely for years)

006_4_20100826_1545639246.jpg

005_3_20100826_1495597931.jpg

004_2_20100826_1255069097.jpg

003_1_20100826_1935917815.jpg

Sherm , beautiful digs man !!!

Stellar work space , ........... my only critique would be the Liberace poster , ........ dude that's gotta go , ......... , just kidding I know who it is :laugh:

If it is not Liberace, who is it? Steve Martin in a pink suit? Really, I am curious...

Regards,

Bingo !!! ............... Saul I do believe it's Steve , ........... now watch me shoot meself in the foot with a 12 gauge, ...... cause it's not Steve ..........

From the movie .......... MY BLUE HEAVEN ???
Great flick .

It does look like Steve Martin but he had a crew-cut in My Blue Heaven so it may be another film.

Regards,

Nope sorry , but in MY BLUE HEAVEN , he played an Italian mobster in a witness protection program , ....... and had the full on pompador 50's 60's style ...........

I think :laugh:

Oh yeah , ....... pompador is spelt wrong , ....... so is spelt , ....... poor grammer , ............ that's what I get for only speaking English and South Joisey .............

Steve is from his album Comedy Is Not Pretty. I was going to throw it out the other day and said what I can stick it here. It is good for a chuckle. The O'Lady does not like my "Girlie" posters. :(

Sure enough Glenn, that is a pompadour (I had one in the 1980s).

So it is from Comedy is not Pretty? This image is what I found on Google and my eyes now hurt!
folder-25.jpg

Regards,

shawngehling wrote:
Shawn's Modeling spot(s):
The 1st is where I model at home... Yup that's the dinning room table.
my_model_spot_at_home_20100125_1092572208.jpg

Next is Fred's (man cave) place where I model every Friday night.
my_model_spot_at_freds_20100111_1101389546.jpg

That's about it...
Shawn

SHAWN,

THE FLOWERS & RIBBON wrapped Glass Brick add that Special Ambiance You Just can't get any where. :kiss: Most people can't make that kinda' thing work, But You my friend Got it Goin On. Dare I say that You Are Bringing Sexy Back to th Cave !! :D

:drink

I'll post My pics of th Panzer Werk Shoppe soon !!!

ERIK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgTPH5y1-ZI

panzerace007 wrote:
shawngehling wrote:
Shawn's Modeling spot(s):
The 1st is where I model at home... Yup that's the dinning room table.
my_model_spot_at_home_20100125_1092572208.jpg

Next is Fred's (man cave) place where I model every Friday night.
my_spot_at_freds_man_cave_2_20100829_1755803011.jpg

Shawn

SHAWN,

THE FLOWERS & RIBBON wrapped Glass Brick add that Special Ambiance You Just can't get any where. :kiss: Most people can't make that kinda' thing work, But You my friend Got it Goin On. Dare I say that You Are Bringing Sexy Back to th Cave !! :D

:drink

I'll post My pics of th Panzer Werk Shoppe soon !!!

ERIK

Erik,
Glad you liked it...
Yes it is hard to pull off a look like that, I will have to give
my wife the credit as decorating the house is her area of expertise.
As for the flowers (Tulips) that's what keeps me out of the dog house
when I'm working on models... ;)
The lighted (yes it has a string of white battery operated lights)
inside the glass cube, along with the pretty ribbon and bow,
was done by her sister (Yes Jenny my wife has three blond sisters
to complete the quartet). My father in law must have tried to kill
himself numerous times with 5 women in his house.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek:hmy:
I don't know if Sexy is the word, but it is YOUR word. :S

Shawn

Organized chaos. Excellent (in my best Mr Burns). Someone else you models like I do
James

Window,
I bet you know where everything is too, huh?
It doesn't look like those cans on the floor are paint cans though? :hmmm
Enjoy building.
Shawn

Back