• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shalom from Kfar Saba, Israel

Merkava MkIII

I just want to say Hello to the rest of you plastic junkies. and to thank Jenny for the invite!

I live in a town called Kfar Saba in Israel .
i build mostly Armor, mostly Middle eastern, (who would have guessed?) :huh:

I'm a former member of the IDF. one of the founders of IPMS ISRAEL (long before they went IPMS) and the pres of the AMPS chapter (AMPS ISRAEL)
and a member of Yad la Shiryon at Latrun
so any of you ME builders.. feel free to ask away,,

Welcome to the best site around. Look forward to your builds. Do you do aircraft as well?
James

nickname + Yad La-Shiryon = you are a tank corps veteran and crewed a merkava 3?

correct?

i just learned that Kfar Saba means 'grandfather's village'? what a funky name for a town to live in!

what would be your name?

welcome aboard and show us your armor! (forget those flying thingies!)

Shalom & Welcome on board! Please show us some of your builds. Here's one of my IDF armors built by my main modeler "Art Instructor". It's a Merkava Mk.IV - the latest version.

m46-088.jpg

m46-093.jpg

Welcome to Tanks and Things it's great to have you as part of the gang. Now I need to go and hide my M51 pictures :laugh: :laugh:

Terry B)

the MkIv is nicely done.. is this the legend kit?

i'm waiting for the Hobby boss kit that should be out soon as I got pics of the test shots months ago.

Merkava MkIII wrote:
why hide them? ;-)

Because there is someone around here who knows what it is supposed to look like. :laugh:

Terry B)

Terry
LOL
And I've driven a couple in time during a stay in a Reserve Maint Bat..... but then who is going to tell you your wrong?
each and every one of them was as different as night and day basics were the same but up till the late 80's the troops did a lot of their own mods on stuff .
if it's the colors then well yeah...... ;-)

I really like this attitude. But they have the same number of rivets right?? :mpup

Welcome aboard!

I was in the IDF for over 10 years... I started in the Artty Corps when they were still wearing black berets... I have crewed/drioven the M-107/M110, M109, the IDF Mods of the shermans that were in use in the reserve units. Recovery, Mortar carrier, etc, M113's M151's and some other rather funky stuff... I ended my days in the mil gov in Gaza city playing with things that went boom in the night.. Yad la shiryon is the memorial grounds and armor museum at the old fortress at Latrun... being a member gives me acess to stuff the paying tourist types never get to see.

As for the name of my touwn, Yup GRANPAs' village.... well give me a couple more years and the town will fit me... ;-)

I hate math and counting rivits...... I prefer to be a yup there is what they missed guy and not the one that say, "but it should be 12 rivits. not eleven. and it should have a metric bolt.... in 1/35th scale it just doesn't count for me...

now if it is a contest for masters? that is another story....... not a 16th of a scale inch either way . that is just to brain numbing for me.

Hiya Robert :laugh: ,

I knew you would fit in with the great people here . Robert is building a most awesome Bradley at the moment too , so check it out ;) .

I am so glad you made it .

Jenny :kiss:

Shalom and welcome.
I like it that you fall of the "armor wagon" at times. Nothing wrong with that. (y)

I prefer the "flying thingies" too but I'm afraid I might get sent to some obscure corner if I say it out loud too much! :eek:hmy:

This place is awesome (they haven't kicked me out yet) and the folk here are great! :D

Hey Robert.
Glad too se you here Bro. This is the smokinest site around evrybody here is great .
Hey on another note pm me I had you adress but cabt seem to find it .....Im gona send you those IDF colors . I should not need that paint chip i think the the modern Idf is spot on.Also since you are a amps guy check out the latest review on the amps home page the pigment review is smokin .......... I MEAN SMOKIN[b][/b]

I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome..
it's nice to find a site were you can just leave the glue pot open and everyone gathers around for a deep breath of it!

You guys shopuld be here when i open the Folquel thinner cans ;-)

Merkava MkIII wrote:
the MkIv is nicely done.. is this the legend kit?

i'm waiting for the Hobby boss kit that should be out soon as I got pics of the test shots months ago.

No, it's not a Legend's kit. It's Academy's.

Very nice.. did you add anything to it? PE etc or is it straight out of the box?
The hobby boss kit is going so far as to corret the rear ideler wheels by slip molding them with the correct lightening holes.. etc..... (I had to drill out mine which isn't a chore I would want to do again... and the addition of the non slip is a real pain ;-)

Back