• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sdkfz 7/1

On with the show !!

Simple base made on top of Ken Abrahams fine wooden bases he made me a while back :notworthy

Wall plaster,Foam card to add height at the rear, static grass, twigs from garden, fine wiry stuff found in the Scenerama ( school project sets )box

Tamiya dark earth and buff Spraybrushed, ( huh !? erm I mean airbrushed ) Vallejo greens (obviously) for foliage and voila !!

I wanted it to represent some dusty old Russian Steppe track now used by the army somewhere just outside of Kharkow Summer 1942

IMG_3715.JPG

IMG_3716.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3718.JPG

IMG_3719.JPG

Next up,.... some accessories added to the sides of the road to tie it in with the Flak-track

Jerry and Ron cheers fellas

J praise indeed coming from a bloke that knocks out some epic pieces like you have (y)

But saying that everyone on MA knocks out some epic pieces :v

Looking good Andy, nice and dusty.

I'm planning a Kharkov dio too, only several monthes later, with lots and lots of snow and slushy mud...and a half-track!!

Tom

Great looking dio Andy! hope i can put together something like that someday!
Do you use a dispenser for the static grass or just sprinkle them on?
built my own from an electric mosquitokiller and it works very well (y)
//Mats

Hey thank you Mike,

Well the base is now completed, well when I say that I mean Im not doing any more to it and peeled off the blue tape :D

Heres some quick unfussy shots to show you the idea

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

Back