• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sdkfz 7/1

Joe, James, and Kurt

Thank you for your kind comments I really appreciate them :D

I have to attach the small things that broke off and do the figures of course before I can call it done

then somehow glue down the vehicle to the base

This is really a master work. I love the sand texture to the road. Really hard to pull off well. I hate to make a sugggestion here,as you are obviously so competent in all the dio factors(groundwork,story,figures and vehicles) but would you consider adding a few items of "trash" other than the jerry can and shell casings? Period pics and my combat experience reminds me that there is always trash on the side of the road,ration tins,bits of cloth from cleaning rags,paper items. So if this was a rollbahn that needed AAA cover wouldn't this be the case as well?
Just a small thought and once again,brilliant work buddy! Will you be in Telford this year btw?
J

Fantastic work, Andy- cheers! Can't find any bit that isn't thoroughly fascinating. That ground cover is some of the most convincing I've seen- I'm reaching for my heavy gardening gloves!

chuk

@ Glen,... cheers mate :)

@ Jerry,... thank you as well mate I do like the idea of adding a few bits of litter on the roadside I shall have a little think about what to add :)
Can you elaborate on the Rollbhan and AAA cover a bit more, please as Im a bit unsure what you mean

Sadly a no to Telford even though Im a fully fledged Brit I live in the USA now and cant make the trip at that time

I really appreciate that you like the work :)

@ chuk well thanks mate re the ground cover, I do try :lol:

Rollbahn was the term for a main military road used for troop transferes or resupply,etc,and as such would usually have anti aircraft support to"keep the flies away"
So these roads would have a lot of traffic and the more traffic,the more trash.
J

Gotcha mate thanks ! (y)

Sorry I was being a bit dense and thought you meant a cover over the AAA :lol:

I am investigating stuff as I type :)

Andy, this is some pretty amazing ground work. It all looks fantastic but the ground and weeds/grass on the driver's side of the vehicle is extra-extra fantastic!! I believe it's the finest bit of scenery I have seen. :notworthy :notworthy

Tim

Back