• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

sd kfz 7 flakvierling 38

Thanks gents.
Quick update....
As I have not put paint to plastic in a few months, thought it best to practice a bit on the areas that wont be seen once shes all put together.

Engine.

h04fd4ef.JPG

h91021dc.JPG

Chassis.

h6697c92.JPG

h7456d8b.JPG

And together.

h6c56a85.JPG

hf34ad2d.JPG

he3c524d.JPG

Onward and upward.....
Pete

Nice painting. That exhaust looks cool but the dirty frame is awesome. Wish I could figure how to do that.
James

It looks like you haven't lost your touch. I haven't stopped painting, yet I still can't get anything to look that awesome!

Thank you for the comments gents.
James, just some oil paint blended in and then, while still fresh, pigments blended in on top.
If you want to see how its done properly, just look at Ian Hill's (Brokeneagle) stuff.
Now that is awesome....

So, got the main components together, base coated her and got the decals on.

hbadd519.JPG

he2b6e7f.JPG

You may notice that it is now missing both width indicators and the notek light.
This was a couple of weeks ago and both headlights have joined the small pile of parts that need to be glued back on at the end. Should have learnt by now to leave them off until the end....Oh Well.
Since these photos I have been playing with the color of the base coat.
Will get some more shots up soon.
Cheers
Pete

Thanks all.
Well, it feels like I've been playing with the colors on this for weeks now.
I wasn't sure if there was enough contrast, but after seeing it with the base coated flak on the back, I'm sort of satisfied. One thing I have found is that even though this is quite a large kit, the actual surface area to be painted seems quite small.
Starting on the tracks now, and hope to have the Flak done by the end of the week.
Cheers all.
Pete

h98e6a19.JPG

h89cd910.JPG

h405b4e8.JPG

hdfd630b.JPG

Back