• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

sd kfz 7 flakvierling 38

Hi all,
Well it seems like I can only finish something if I am building for a campaign.
And there isn't a better campaign to be involved in. Lost the old man a couple of years back along with WAY to many other friends and family to this.
So cashed in and then sat in front of the stash for a couple of hours.
Finally decided on this which should fit nicely onto a base I have been wanting to use.
Cheers
Pete

ha0cc1fe.JPG

Yikes.

I wish I had the modeling attention span to tackle that kit, but there's so much for me to get lost in.

Looking forward to watch this come together, I started both a Famo and a Flakvierling in the past that I never finished.

:popcorn

Alright, well luckily my ride on mower broke, so I had to model instead... :)
First steps are the chassis and associated bits.

hf380f41.JPG

h2ab2655.JPG

h98f8318.JPG

Next up, the engine, trans, winch and some other bits....

h38661a3.JPG

hbe44a42.JPG

he780de1.JPG

h5e9aa92.JPG

ha49fe32.JPG

And now back to work... :(

More soon

I secretly love German half tracks! Will probably never build one though.

The wheel like thing sitting horizontally towards the rear of the chassis is a winch, yes? I didn't know it was powered by the transmission.

Thanks for following along gents.
Warren, yes its the winch. Should have a cable (like the Trumpeter version does) but as it wont be seen I'm not bothering.

Next up are the wheels.

h5a7d8f7.JPG

none of them glued yet, just making sure everything sits right and flat...

h5ba501e.JPG

Then it was on to the front fenders and grill. This was going well until I launched the notek light base into neverland. Spent an hour crawling around the floor looking. I do find it amazing that you will find every bit of scrap and sprue from the last 5 years, but never the bit you have just lost....
Decided to raid the stash. Surely there has to be a kit that does not use a notek, but gives you one anyway.
After wondering why I have not built half of these kits (some are cool :coolio ), I found what I wanted in the Grasshopper kit (y)
So back to it I went.
Almost positive half of these parts will end up gone later in the painting process, but they look good for now.

h20e660c.JPG

hbca2d29.JPG

And lastly on this page, the drivers area starts to take shape.

he24cc94.JPG

More soon
Pete

Bypassing then next step as it involves attaching the cab and deck to the chassis and also the track construction. Need to get some paint on all the out of the way bits first. This is what it would look like.

h01c4dd8.JPG

hfd33b97.JPG

So started on the flak.

ha41fab7.JPG

Not a bad little gun this....

h4515f46.JPG

hf909729.JPG

And with the shields.

ha90b31b.JPG

And a parting shot, all just sitting in place on the start of its base.

h4ad7778.JPG

Ok, now need to paint.

Pete

Back