• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell new Ventura

Paulw

I got this for $20.00 from Squadron. Not that bad a kit. It is a nice change to have something from Revell that isnt a 1963 P-40 with seriously warped wings. You have some of the same old Revell sink marks but they are few and far between.

The pit is set for another kit coming down the line as is some of the other features. I would not hesitate a guess about one in Coastal Command or FAA which would be cool.

009-8.jpg

008-9.jpg

007-9.jpg

The kit fits really well and should not pose any difficulties. It isn't an overly complicated kit either. I like the wheel bay details as well as the bomb bay. I was hoping for a torpedo set up but that will be later I suppose.

006-15.jpg

005-13.jpg

004-12.jpg

It's looks really good kit.
And I like the wheel and bomb bay to! (y)

This will be a interesting build!

Very nice start on this kit! I will be watching this one because I've got one in the stash. Keep up the good work! :popcorn

William

This is one of the few kits from Revell that I have done that actually fit pretty decent. Only a few minor glitches. I dry fitted the major assemblies and am quite pleased, however, I popped one of the side windows out and not don't know how Ill put it back in with out tearing the whole kit apart.

002-21.jpg

wings fit fairly well

the nacelles also

003-18.jpg

the offending window

006-16.jpg

001-16.jpg

The engines fit just as nicely as all the other parts.
I don't know about the bomb bay doors though I found out that you have to but them up against each other to make them fit the sides of the fuselage and when you do this it leaves a gap. Don't know if that is on an actual plane because it is pretty symmetrical here.

005-14.jpg

I can always fill the gap with plastic card but the window has me stumped. So if you have any idea please let me know.

Re the bomb doors, I honestly don't know either, but as you say it's perfectly symmetrical, so I'd be inclined to think it was deliberate. Be interesting to read what the rest of the guys think.

Ian

Sand the rim of the window if it needs it, until it fit neat into the window - re future if needed, toothpick with a dob of blu tac to hold the window and position it from the outside.

This is a problem with this kit Paul. If you want them closed you have to do a lot of filling and sanding.

http://ipms-mckinstry.org/kitreviews/2012/Ventura_review.pdf

Tom Cleaver however said he didn't have that bad of a time with them.

http://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/cleaver/us/tmcpv1.htm

Whatever the problem, no that gap shouldn't be there.

Sounds like Phil has the solution on the window. Guess you can't get to it from inside up the nose.

:popcorn

I did a little more cementing to this and now have the nacelles and engines mounted. I am still amazed on how good the fit is for a Revell kit.

I filled in the Gap in the bomb bay and now I see there is a serious step to contend with on the canopy.
It seems as if it is not quite wide enough so there is about a smidge of it sticking up and on the side as well.

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

I am going to take a nap and then come back to it later.

Looks really good, Paul! I'm close to dropping the hammer on the Big Ed set. I was sold on this bird after I picked up the Squadron In-Action book at the flea market a couple of years ago. Most of the pics featuring the crew showed a bunch of tough mugs who looked way proud of their plane. Made me want to buuild one so I bought the Fonderie Miniature kit, and now I don't have to go through all that pain. ;)

So- what scheme will she wear? :pilot

Back