• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Kit No. 04888 Bf 109 G-10 Erla

This is just too good. I am glad you are back in the cockpit again. What Scheme are you going with?

Going with the Green 4 from JG 300 Paul.

Heck I got two more lined up in the bullpin.

Hoping if I keep messing these things up Les will come out of lurker mode and give me a :smack

Grabbed a couple of shots. Not good ones. I lightened the area the squadron band will go so I don't have any bled over.

h7c79f4e.jpg

ha2b2cac.jpg

Unsure what colors to use for post shade and fading.
Add Black to the base colors for shade, buff for fade? Suggestions?

Nothing wrong with a little light grey and/or buff tones mixed in to the original paint...
...just my opinion, the rest of the guys may have different ideas.

Ian.

I knew this was looking familiar.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/wesendorf-field/150920-hasegawa-bf-109g-10-now-finished

Les did the same scheme a couple of years ago.

:coolio

h4e6873f.JPG

I know I"m not going to match it, just hope it's close. :v

I little post shading and fading.

hef3b3bf.jpg

h5467ee3.jpg

hc20f374.jpg

Hope it's enough to see.

I started out adding buff to the colors then just thinned buff down to a watered down milk and started building it up across all colors up top. Same with black, really thin black and built up along panel lines and other structural areas.

Clear coat is curing and stickers going on next. :coolio

Stickers on.

h4fa2d97.jpg

h87fc6d3.jpg

hf2704ef.jpg

Building up the landing gear. Should be ready for another seal coat and then some muck. :frantic

That's very handsome... I can almost hear my G-14 pleading to be built from here !!

Ian.

Back