• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Kit No. 04888 Bf 109 G-10 Erla

To rectify the incorrect kit for this aftermarket product I have now ordered the correct kit...
RVG04665 1:32 Revell Germany Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 Late & Early Version

But I couldn't leave it at that...

1:32 BarracudaCast Bf 109G-6 Intake and Exhaust Set
Quickboost Bf 109G-6 Correct Oil Radiator (REV kit)
RB Productions 1/32 Luftwaffe Seatbelts - standard (Beige) WWII - RBP320061
Eduard 1/32 Brassin undercarriage bronze legs for the Revell Bf 109G-6 - 632021
RB Productions 1/32 Bf 109 G PE Canopy for Hasegawa Revell RBP32001

All for a $25 kit. :rotf

I've been bit by a Luftwaffe bug. :pilot :facepalm

Gesundheit ! :eek:hmy: Cheers, C. B)

To rectify the incorrect kit for this aftermarket product I have now ordered the correct kit...
RVG04665 1:32 Revell Germany Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 Late & Early Version

But I couldn't leave it at that...

1:32 BarracudaCast Bf 109G-6 Intake and Exhaust Set
Quickboost Bf 109G-6 Correct Oil Radiator (REV kit)
RB Productions 1/32 Luftwaffe Seatbelts - standard (Beige) WWII - RBP320061
Eduard 1/32 Brassin undercarriage bronze legs for the Revell Bf 109G-6 - 632021
RB Productions 1/32 Bf 109 G PE Canopy for Hasegawa Revell RBP32001

All for a $25 kit. :rotf

I've been bit by a Luftwaffe bug. :pilot :facepalm

Gesundheit ! :eek:hmy: Cheers, C. B)

Thank you...

:rotf :rotf

This is what I've accomplished in the last couple of days. :bang head

hee2566c.jpg

h10a070c.jpg

I need to come up with some sort of micro soldering stuff. Either fork out for a Resistance Soldering unit or some magic elves with little blow torches...wonder what they would charge.. :facepalm

the instructions call for CA but knowing the stress this stuff will go through trying to shape it I just don't see that happening. This PE also has a layer of something over it that makes soldering a pain. I've cleaned it several different ways and it still beads up on me. I've noticed the hotter I get the PE I see a little smoke come off it and then the solder flows like it should.

Still have some clean up to do. I do have a spare canopy in case I totally hose this. I think the -6 canopy will be easier, it's squared. :dance

Hey Bob ! That still way more than I've done since I have not even touch plastic this week :(

I would suggest getting the elves since you would still have to learn resistance soldering .

The trick about soldering is to get your work hot enough to make the solder flow freely .

Difficult to do since everything previously soldered joints can fail without the use of heat sinks to isolate it the heat to a specific area .

Good luck . Cheers, Christian B)

Ahhhh the Scwartz is strong in you young Luke Moon Puppy :rotf
Looking like a lot of fun there Bob (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Just don't get your Schwartz twisted. Looks good from here. :good:

PS, if you get a resistance unit, can I borrow it? :D

It's not like you haven't been told before, "stay with the alclad and you will be rosy"

That is some fine work there, Bob.

I bought one of the Micro Mark resistance soldering units, and I am still learning to use it. It does work well with PE, but you have to get everything arranged with clamps and such. It is much less likely to heat up adjacent joints.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Well that was short lived. Without getting into gory details I'll be using the kit part. :banks head

But building this up as far as I got gives me some insight on how to build the one for the -6 that's on the way.

Remember guys, I've done a bit of soldering in the past.

M2A1021501.jpg

With a resistance soldering unit this would have been much prettier and probably working hinges. :frantic

I have got a mess of stuff for the next 109.
h8eff37a.jpg

More on that later.

So here we are not getting hung up on details. Lots of post shading needed. Will play around with that going forward.

h26ff60a.jpg

hf7af04c.jpg

RLM 76, RLM 75 and...something else.. not sure now. :pinch:

Thoughts?

Looking forward to our buddy Les coming out or lurker mode to comment on this. :pilot

Well , that went at the speed of light . :pilot

Thoughts : All the paint jobs were unique . :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks good Bob!!! Nice work on that canopy!!

Did you buy an entire new kit though?? was that just because the rivets were wrong?

:popcorn

Looks good Bob!!! Nice work on that canopy!!

Did you buy an entire new kit though?? was that just because the rivets were wrong?

:popcorn

Er...yes. :blush:

Yeah I want to try these rivet things so I needed to get the correct kit. All that other stuff just kinda sort a fell in the shopping cart. You know how you go to the grocery store for lettuce and end up spending $100?

BTW that's the kit canopy masked off. The PE one would fit, the issue would have been installing the clear parts, the mounting rails were hosed up. The canopy for the -6 will be easier to do for a number of reasons. I'll show those when I get to that. :fencing

Back