• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/144 HMCS Snowberry

Every build is a learning experience. Turns out I am "still" modding my sFH18 Howitzer even though I said that was done a week or so ago. I am enjoying the modding and building on it though and every little bit just seems to add to the appearance. It lost the "kit" look a while back and it is looking "complex" now.
 
Well the PE got from Korea , 6500 miles to the UK in less than 36 hours , its currently 20 miles up the road at the airport and its been there 5 days....
I despair at the way the UK is spiralling down. Nothing seems to work anymore. We are officially a broken country.
Meanwhile i have been building a metal MFH motorcycle chain as i have a couple in stock and its always useful to have one built up , and i have found the H&S i bought and forgot about and have been playing with that.
I am not sure what to do with the ship, museum finish or rough and ready? so i sprayed the back end inside panels mat black and have been using the H&S to fine fill the panels with insignia white., the object being can i control the paint flow within a 1/4 inch square ? Actually its easy and with MRP paint the very fine pigment works and you can spray at about 10psi from very close to the work. All credit to the H&S, not me :) This is making me think i might go for the well used look, needs some red misting on the black before the white and maybe a little more white.

DSC_0998.JPG
 
So far so good Paddy!
I got set on the H&S airbrushes by some of the high end figure modelers that frequent Wonderfest. Ever since the first one I bought I have not regretted getting them.
 
Its a bit of a "learning on the job" for me because i have only ever used an airbrush as a cheaper option for a rattle can so a lot to learn about fine work.
 
Britons are made from stout stuff. We aren't counting you out here. Drake's drum awaits.
Do, continue to Snowberry.
 
I found a really good site in NZ called micro master models that specializes in 3D print parts for ships however the poor chasp is a sole trader and is suffering long term health issues so not taking orders.....blast...been closed since June . I have loads of sympathy as i was a sole trade with bike parts and you just cant be ill, its 24/7 and i mean 24.......... people from the other side of the world would ring at 5 in the morning. Internet shops are always open whatever time zone you are in.. Bottom line is i suppose buying 3d is cheating anyway :rotf

look at these lovely parts for my ship :(

 
Yeah AM (aftermareket) stuff is always something that can cause you to go all AMS. I have had the 1/32 Revell He111 P1 in my stash for years, and apparently Revell is re-releasing it as Sprue Brothers here in the US just got a load of new AM for it. As I didn't have any AM for it, (I checked first) I went for it. It builds into a truly LARGE model and now it will be noodled out as well.
Don't ask what I spent. :wow:
 
Its ok , i don't know what came over me. I confronted my aftermarket cravings and i have banished them from my thoughts. Bottom line is the kit was £59,00 the PE was £150.00 you could easily spend that again on 3D and you are into MFH money with nothing like the quality... then plus postage and taxes and on top of that, unknown quality. I will get more fun out of scratching what i need over fitting parts someone else printed anyway :)
As for abundant English charm ? things are about to boil over here i think, in my 67 years i have never known the undercurrent of dissatisfaction as strong as it is now on the streets I doubt any foreigners would find the english charming these days. :rotf Diesel hit £2.08 a litre today thats $12.60 a gallon.......you are looking at $140 USD to fill up a small car
 
Last edited:
Holy Guatamollies! The Media coming out of UK says nothing about this, and we know why. Keep your wits about you, mate.
BTW, 3D printed parts on scale ship models is not cheating in my book. It does get expensive quickly, as you have cleverly discovered without my help.
 
Back
Top