• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revel 1/20 scale Tony Stewart #20

Where have I been with this? The interior has been done since last Thursday, I had the body painted orange and I then masked it off and painted the black highlights with the airbrush- it looked great except for a major leak on the tail-tried to get this mess off, and thought i did but then the paint kinda waved on me so i stripped the damn thing with brake fluid!

Ah, the dreaded mask leak. Here's a trick I picked up to take care of that. When you mask come back with either the base color or a clear coat. That way if there's a leak it will leak either the base or clear and not the next color. Seen it save me many a times. (y)

Good advice- I did something similar when I painted the bottom tear drops on the saucer- still once i began messing with that orange on the rear, it punished me terribly! I just got fed up with trying and stripped it- it took near 48 hours because I PAINTED THE BRAKE fluid on (sorry about caps) But its done.

I want a 1/20 Tumbler, but they don't make one. Biggest i have seen was in the mid Corgi scale- I think they were a little bigger than HO. lol

This was my first NASCAR racer and maybe my 4th car! That's not including Batmobiles, jeeps ect.

You like cars- this is a japanese batmobile from the mid 80's- I think it was a reissue. Bashed this with a Blue Thunder and some masking tape! lol. 1989 it was finished.

batmobile_1.jpg

I liked this Stewart car without decals- I'll get a Petty Superbird with the big tailfin and an Indy Car- havnt done an open wheel either-lol nube.

Talk to me before you buy an open wheel car, have several in my stash. Also had a Superbird, going to have to locate it. Maybe we can strike a deal? :D

That is SWEET!!! I have an ERTL IH 5000 dumper. The dump body is assembled. Since this was a working type of truck, I am going to try & turn it into a "show" truck. The dump body will be chrome with painted trim. Also I intend to run all air & brake lines. Should be a fun project.

I have several tractors done. I have quite a few trailers in my stash. My dad drove a fuel delivery truck as soon as he graduated high school. Only job he ever had.Retired from that company. I did 1 of his tractors. I have a trailer to do as well.

Back