• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Return to modeling...The sequel

phantom II

Master at Arms
Once I was happy with the little hellcat I dug up a 72 scale Brewster Buffalo

return_to_modeling_012.JPG

but after doing some research I decided on the Brewster B-239 which is the Finnish version.

return_to_modeling_013.JPG

so, I made the necessary modifications and got the proper markings. :unsure:

return_to_modeling_014.JPG

So here we are. A Finnish ace flying a barrel in a very cold place...

return_to_modeling_015.JPG

Of course he had some leaks. It's cold out there.

Hope you enjoy, Christian

Hi Bob,
That's a 1/72 scale Hasegawa . I am not implying that it was another return ( again ) but the first six or eight builds felt like a return since I had to learn so much new stuff .
First was the transition from Enamels to Acrylics.
Second the use of PE.
And then resin interiors and on and on. It seems that nearly every build now days I try somethings new.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks James, glad you like them. I seem to have a yen for building things a bit of the beaten path. Even though I did not build anything for over eight years, the thinking process was still going on. :)

That's 1:72?? Chris that's outstanding. I've seen guys doing armor build something and you really can't tell what scale it is, I would have sworn this was 1:48. Hat tip to ay!

Bob, the only thing I have other than 1/72 is the swordfish and you've seen it. Not even good enough for Simpsonville. HOHOHOHOHO ! :laugh:

Thanks guys for your kind words. Building airplanes the second time around has been more fun and at least ten times more expensive.

Christian :pilot

Thanks, Dusan for your kind words. Hope you build that ME 109 soon. It looks very intriguing.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hello Newbie from Australia,

glad you liked it. The first several aircraft I built were just dying to get out of my head. They had been going around in circles for quite a few years.

You interested in anything Australian ? I have a Boomerang...Another of my favorites !

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow Christian that is a beautiful job! (y) (y) Btw...I remember years ago there was a classified ad in a aircraft mag that Tullahoma TN. airbase had two beat up Buffalo's free for the taking...you haul em out.

Tim

Haven't built any Aussie stuff as yet,like yerself I have a list of subject's to build.
Although high on the list is a Aussie Spit with Beer Keg's in the bomb rack's in Africa.
Ps; The Boomer is a nice plane to.

Back