• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Reporting back

Henrik Melvold

I haven't really posted anything at this forum for a while. Don't know why, really.
But anyways... Besides taking a lot of vacation, taking care of my two small children and working, there actually is time to do a bit of modelling.

At the MMC competition in Hungary in april, a bought a little base, and I had an Alpine figure laying around from my Pack Rats diorama. A small miniproject started....
This is the result after two short evenings:
reporting_back_0009.JPG

reporting_back_0002.JPG

This is the finished thing on day three:
reporting_back_0008.JPG

reporting_back_0006.JPG

reporting_back_0001.JPG

Didn't put to much efford into painting this one. Just wanted the fun of fiddling around with the groundwork. Used a bit of "forest floor" from Treemendus. Great product.

Henrik

Henrik Melvold wrote:
I haven't really posted anything at this forum for a while. Don't know why, really.

Well just see that it doesn't happen again... :woohoo:

Fine work on that fella.

Astonishing groundwork, truly suoperb!

I would have used more tones for the flashtone though, so the figure could have been jsut perfect!

Good work anyway!

Ciao

Lovely, I like him a lot :)

The groundwork is pretty good too I like the way it goes from taller pieces at the back to lower at the front

2 thumbs raised from me :)

Thanks for your comments, guys.

@Moon puppy: It won't happen again. I promise... :laugh:

@Gioazz: I sure could have put more work into the painting. But there were no more time between two vacations. I wanted to complete it... no matter what. If now it just would have stayed half finished on the shelf for a year.

@Dioramix: Well, not quite 23 hours of light now. It's about 1 month since the day of the year where we have most ligth. But it's not dark at all. The time is now 23.00 at night. I was just out doing some painting outdoors on the cabin in the mountains. It is still so much light that I would not have had any trouble taking a hike in the mountains for an hour or so... :)

@slodder & andyfettes: Thanks. I think it great fun trying to replicate the nature. Jusing more and more time studying how the vegatation is built up in real life.

Henrik

Back