• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Recconnaisance Campaign

2464_o.jpg

2698_o.jpg

359_o~0.jpg

hgnjv3v1em6avvl7sttv.jpg

mte6kv1qp8ucwy7sriqy.jpg

rzrtdukl3epe4dlnqydg.jpg

ti3hndv4lbcbzdm7hgxz.jpg

tqrwfstboxnso6kt5lh8.jpg

uuvjj2jibz2cmkab4zcv.jpg

wh7v6ilwhmybxuqos98u.jpg

wmngfvvclj8eeyxddqin.jpg

ze3vrjl4xqql6swgmecj.jpg

Was lucky enough to see the SR-71 fly a number of times at the much missed Mildenhall Air Fete in the mid-to-late 1980's... You never, never forget that !!

Ian.

Was lucky enough to see the SR-71 fly a number of times at the much missed Mildenhall Air Fete in the mid-to-late 1980's... You never, never forget that !!

Ian.

Oh I bet! That had to be AWESOME!

Seen a B2 at an Air Force football game and that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

:drinks

Ian.

Oh I bet! That had to be AWESOME!

Seen a B2 at an Air Force football game and that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

:drinks

Went to my storage building in Tulsa a number of years ago. Had just gotten out of the car and heard a jet flying over, but it sounded funny. Looked up to see the flying wedge shape up in the air. Was sooooo COOL! B)

Yeah, have to say, in Europe generally and the UK in particular we were very spoiled-for-choice at the major airshows in the 1980's... The stuff I've seen (and photographed - some of which I've shared here ) was simply incredible.

All of which probably (definitely ?) informs my choice of (jet) modelling subjects.

Ian.

Don't think that's a B50 variant, tail not tall enough and the engines don't look like the big corn cob R-4360 motors. Maybe it was an one off test bed.

Don't think that's a B50 variant, tail not tall enough and the engines don't look like the big corn cob R-4360 motors. Maybe it was an one off test bed.

I really have no clue other than the RB-50 was a variant of the B-29. That's why I asked.

Put me down for the 1/72 Hasegawa RA-5C Vigilante and if I can find my decals, it'll be done up in my uncle's bird. RVAH-9 BuNo:149312 AC 901 off USS Ranger lost 16 JAN 1966

Ah, here it is.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=2529

B-29 AEW Airborn Early Warning

This the RB-50? Is there a kit of this out there? I'm lookin' for a KB-50 kit since mom's cousin was lost in one during the 1950s "Haystrike" missions

That was originally a B-29-80-BW 44-87599 converted to a B-29 Airborne Early Warning test bed in 1951. Three B-29's were converted for full scale development testing which led to the RC-121 and the EC-121.

Academy makes a 1/72 B-50 and RB-50 and had planned a KB-50 but it never hit shelves. There was a company, DB Conversions, that made a resin set that would convert an Airfix B-29 into several B-50 variants. I don't know if it is still available.

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks Rich! (y)
Here's what I know, 10 SEPT 1956 USAF "HAYSTACK" RB-50G # 47-0133 was lost in the Sea of Japan. Wayne James FAIR was an airman 1st class. Alot of controversy as to it being shot down or not.

Keep your eyes open because the "RECON" campaign is about to begin.

Terry B)

Back