• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pz. IV E Tauch .... All Wet

panzerace007

Whew ! Here's My submission for th G.B. ..... DML's Panzer IV E Tauch Panzer complete with a Fuel Trailer !!

Pz_IV_E_Tauch_barbarossa_GB.JPG

Panzer_IV__E_Tauch_Barbarossa_G_B__time_stamp.JPG

As you can see th Pz IV is still incased in it's Plastic Jacket , so I didn't see th need for Sprue Shots . I also have a set of Figures that were graciously donated to th Cause by CHEYENNE !! :ro: It's an unopened box - Dragon's German Tank Crew 1939-1943..... Thanx CHEYENNE !!!! These guys will be sittin' th Tank with another Panzer Crewman passin them a Bottle...... No Doubt Toasting th Fact that They Crossed th Bug River in Style & after gettin hitched .... They will resume th Blitz across th Steppe !!! I think this will be 7th Panzer Division .

On with th Build !!!!

DSC08346.JPG

Yee-Haw !!!! Road Wheels. Th Cool thing with these are the separate rubber wheels on the road wheels !! Although I'm not gonna leave them off. They get joined & will be painted th old fashioned way !!

DSC08347.JPG

DSC08348.JPG

with some careful glueing , I made th suspension workable !!!

DSC08345.JPG

Dragon gives you th Option . You could paint th Rubber separate from th wheels .......

Well that's all for now ... I'll have all of this situated on th Lower hull .... It's all down hill from here. These Road wheels were very time consuming .... 32 rubber wheels to add to th wheels ! :sick: Now ... It would be cool if you wanted to show some Major damage & loss to this kit & either show it K.O'd & rubber burnt off th rims or show it in action with th loss of th Rubber , as I've seen some pix of this. Any Hoo ...... back to th Panzer Shoppe !!!!

C'Mon .... Pub Time & ANDY has saved Us a seat !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdVxTWstsmg&feature=grec_index

I don't know what would take more time, cleaning up those wheels or arranging them like you did!

:popcorn

MOONIE,

Cleaning up th Road wheels by far !! :D

T - Oh Yeah .... You know I had a Blast cleaning up these babies !! I'm glad it's done & I can move onto th rest of th Build !!!

NOW in this theater....Der Panzer Kampfwagen IV Ausführung E Tauchpanzer mit Betriebsstoffanhänger!!! :D

:popcorn

Kiss rules! :v

Greetings,Ron.

best wheels on the planet - all you have to do is clean up the insides, the seam is okay to leave!

Why do you lot always associate me with pubs and beer ?

Is it because Im always under the affluence of incahol... hic !

Anyway great start to the build my hairy friend

Tell me also please,...

I like the in progress photos what set up do you use ?

Well ANDY ,

Just remembert only Alcoholics go to meetings ! :D Besides. .... you could easily go to th Pub for some Fish & Chips & a 7up ? If you get there before Me can you grab Me some with Balsamic Vinegar & a Beef Wellington med/rare ? ...... And I'll have a Pint of whatever your having ...... Thanx for th kind words Mate !

@JOHN,

I agree. I Dig th wheels ... I do have pix of Panzers with that seam on Their tyres . I guess I'm being lazy & not painting them before hand " off of the rim " ... but those Tyres are gonna get a 'lil Dirty & I wann try some Wet FX on th E ... since it just came outta th Bug .. It will have it's "wading trunks" off & perhaps lying on th Ground in proximity ???

:drinks

interesting subject erik!

wouldn't algae be a perfect companion for a tauchpanzer and a unique touch?

think of a dio of your panzer driving out of a river bed with some algae hanging from the return rollers!

you could easily simulate them with nori from a local asian food shop ...

think of a dio of your panzer driving out of a river bed with some algae hanging from the return rollers!

I keep thinking of lentils?? :pinch: Looking forward to watching this progress, Laura! Best wishes! (y)

Your a treasure Laura. I'm going to try that on my well. Pure genious idea (y) (y) (y)
James

Back