• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pip Pip again

I can not tell you how much I hate this kit.

I spent two hours working the top, bottom root of the wings. Even when properly aligned on the lower wings there's a huge gap on the trailing end of the root. If you use the gun bay doors as your key, there are gaps, if you start at the leading edge and work back you can not install the gun bay doors.

Sorry, but I quit, Eduard should be ashamed Of this kit and take it off the market. Just like that Eduard/Brassin' P38 over Europe kit.

Meanwhile, I spent 45 minutes on the Tamiya PzII had have the lower hull and roadwheels done for First Blood. Pictures later.

Payday, I will get a Dragon kit and I will also go back to the P47 and try to fix that paint job.

A wise man once said "You can't polish a turd". Guess Eduard proved that theory? :( Looking forward to the Dragon kit.

I can not tell you how much I hate this kit.

I spent two hours working the top, bottom root of the wings. Even when properly aligned on the lower wings there's a huge gap on the trailing end of the root. If you use the gun bay doors as your key, there are gaps, if you start at the leading edge and work back you can not install the gun bay doors.

Sorry, but I quit, Eduard should be ashamed Of this kit and take it off the market. Just like that Eduard/Brassin' P38 over Europe kit.

keep at it MP! as Clint Eastwood says in Heartbreak Ridge - Over come adapt

dry fit the sucker til it hurts - I'm sure you can get it respectable!!

:drinks

MP,
To me it looks like you could paint some RLM 66 around the instruments and switches to cover up the dots.

I like Eduard kits but their Fw 190A/F kits are really not good, there have been too many experienced modelers that have had trouble with these kits so its nothing you did wrong its just a poorly designed kit and all the dry fitting in the world won't reshape parts that are incorrectly designed.

Dragon Fw 190 kits also have some fit issues but nothing too difficult to deal with.
If you want an accurate but yet easy to build Fw 190A look into the 1/48 Hasegawa kit, the big downside to the Hasegawa kit is the price, its rather steep. :(

Matrixone

Thanks Les, glad you said that about this Eduard kit. It would be great for open panel build as none of the panels fit closed :bang head

I think I do have a Dragon kit in the stash for this, I"m going to have Pips on my self come hook or crook! :pilot

I understand too, Bob. Only this weekend I began the Eduard 1:32 109E-1 for the 'Wings over the Reich' Campaign. The first thing I decided to do was bring the wings together, not too difficult, eh ??

W R O N G :facepalm

The wheel-well inserts need about 3mm trimming off the end just to fit, then huge amounts CA and pegs to secure them, after that the top wings turned-out to be a wee bit wider than the bottom :bang head !!. Bob, if you're still keen to do Priller's 190A, why wouldn't you use Tamiya's kit ??(I think it was an A8 he used on the famous 'run down Sword Beach).

Ian

Thanks Ian, I got the decals for Pips from the first go, I have done the Dragon kit for the UNM Campaign a while back so I'm kinda sorta familiar with it. Who knows, maybe I'll whip it out before this campaign is over. :pilot

Back