• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Petes Sturmi

Cheers Ant.

Well, the camo is on....... god these things look awful at this stage :blink

P1020974.jpg

P1020972.jpg

P1020975.jpg

So now its time for the fun to start. :)

Cheers

Pete

Boy that is looking the goods Peteo
You know I'm certainly not qualified to give you the 'official' nod on your camouflage, but it looks good to go mate.
This is one chunking looking unit!
Brad

Peter Bibby wrote:
Cheers Ant.

Well, the camo is on....... god these things look awful at this stage :blink

Pete

Looking good to me, but I agree this is the ugly duckling stage. Shame this is what they REALLY looked like! :blink Not our art infused trinkets! :evil:

Hiya Pete.

I gotta go with the flow on this and say that you have got a winner on your hands by the looks of it. Cause I know what you can do with a couple of washes and a bit of weathering. It is going to come out way nice I am sure (y) .

Gary B)

Hi Pete , wow mate you have really out done yourself with this one
The Camo looks fantastic , perfect , man i am impressed
Really , really good
well done

Matt :)

Re:Petes Sturmi update (or when poo happens)

Well, I'm back with some updates.
You may remember the end of last episode when the big cat had just received her party stripes.
Well after some well spent hours chipping and scratching, it was time for some gloss.
That's when the poo struck

P1030050-1.jpg

P1030051-1.jpg

You might not be able to tell as much with these photos, but she looked like she had clear goose bumps all over. Not sure what happened but it sucked big time......
After looking forlornly at her for a few days, I decided to go and play Fallout 3 for a few weeks.

Once I got over my feelings of becoming a can of Red Bull, and giving her wings, I took her into the garage and drowned her in over cleaner.
The clean up started next day, then the reattaching of many many small parts a couple of days after that :pinch:. She then looked like this.

P1030127.jpg

P1030129.jpg

P1030128.jpg

(kinda almost looks cool :blink ).....
Pete

Being a bit peeved in loosing a half decent paint job, I sat, with airbrush in hand, looking at her for quite a while before pulling the trigger.
In the end I was just as happy with her new colors.

P1030130.jpg

P1030132.jpg

P1030134.jpg

P1030133.jpg

I have now decided to tackle this a different way for me. I will work on one side at a time, and not move to the next until I am finished and happy. The wheels and tracks will be worked on at the end.
This is where she is at as I type.

P1030137.jpg

P1030138.jpg

P1030135.jpg

P1030136.jpg

Hopefully now I can get on a roll and get this cat finished in time.

Cheers :drink
Pete

Re:Petes Sturmi update (or when poo happens)

Peter Bibby wrote:
She then looked like this....... kinda almost looks cool...

P1030127.jpg

P1030129.jpg

P1030128.jpg

Actually, Meester Pete... I agrees... she actually does look kinda cool naked like that... :huh: :)

Rudi

p.s. you get me PM?

Nice recovery... that sort of mistake does leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

It happened to your son, Stewie. If he may reminisce:
150g608463.gif

:pinch: :woohoo: :eek:hmy: :blink :S :laugh: :silly: :lol: :cheer: B)
I always wanted to post this Gif after seeing your Avatar. ;)

Regards,

Mike and Saul, thanks for the comments.
Well I've been plugging away but at the moment things are on hold.
The backs gone so I cant sit for any length of time. :(

I still have the rear plate and engine deck to go, as well as the running gear.
I am happy with how this one is turning out, pity it doesn't show it as well in the photos.

P1030142.jpg

P1030145.jpg

P1030146.jpg

P1030149.jpg

P1030150.jpg

P1030153.jpg

P1030154.jpg

More soon, if the back is willing.
Pete

Hey Pete no good with tour back mate hope you get better soon

As i have said when i saw this in the flesh you have done a fantastic job on this especially bringing it back from the brink of disaster
and the camo looks just as good if not better than the first ( and i loved your first attempt )

cheer's

Matt :)

Hey Petrovski
Sorry to hear about the aches and pains mate. Nasty stuff.
Well it seems that one of my Shermans is following your initial paintjob then ovencleaner routine...
That said, a minor Mary McKillop has been had here!
She looks beaut.
A couple of things though... I would not have expected there to be such substantial rifling on such a small barrel! You have done some greatwork on the etch details and chains etc. but I think you should have had a crack at removing then making the tool handles yourself? I promise it is rewarding ;) :laugh:
Why were they camouflaged?! Can't see it needing to blend in :blink

Brad

Hi all.
Well, after almost a month laying on the floor, I have managed to get up long enough to finish this puppy. (Just in time :blush: )
I have gone with the theory that these beasts didnt see a huge amount of action, so I
havent gone overboard on the weathering.
So here are the final pics for your viewing pleasure.
Pete (bout to go back to the floor)

P1030237.jpg

P1030233.jpg

P1030239.jpg

P1030238.jpg

P1030240.jpg

P1030235.jpg

P1030243.jpg

P1030244.jpg

P1030245.jpg

P1030242.jpg

Hey Pete! I hope you're well enough to read this, I really like the way the Sturmi turned out. Way to hang in there and hope you're better soon!! (y)

Back