• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Petes Sturmi

Ditto what the others said. Hope life it getting back in harmony again. Really nice update, those engine plates look like they are hinged, they work?

Good to see this one up and running again Pete , so it will be ready by this Sunday then , nah just kidding
Good to hear all is back to normal again

cheer's

Matt :)

Evening all.
Have found a bit more bench time so some more updates.

I have finished the engine deck, adding some bits from Eduard.

P1020594.jpg

P1020595.jpg

The gun/launcher was next on the list. Nice detail but I dont think it will be seen.
Still grasping for display ideas at the moment.

P1020592.jpg

P1020593.jpg

More soon.

Pete

The main breech has been installed, along with the MG. The 3 piece front panel gives a nice scale thickness.

P1020612.jpg

P1020611.jpg

Next is the roof panel. Not the best fitting kit part in the world, but ok with some sanding.

P1020613.jpg

The start of the rifling.

P1020614.jpg

And after some gentle persuasion.

P1020615.jpg

Inserted down the barrel

P1020616.jpg

One complete Sturmtiger barrel

P1020617.jpg

P1020618.jpg

Back soon.......I hope :unsure:

Pete

Nice progress! The gun look great!

Was it a lot of work bending and inserting the rifling into the barrel? Looks hard to bend the rifling.

Cheers Erik

Hey Pete! She's coming along nicely! I'm wondering if you could make the rifling more round by inserting something round (dowel, knife handle, etc)and pushing the brass outward. Looks great so far!!

Thanks Laura,Eric and Mike.
The etch for the barrel was an interesting experiance, to say the least. I had it nice and round at one point, but it didnt come close to matching up. It took quite a few goes at getting the ends to meet. I will try to get the last couple of bits to sit flush in the barrel.

I have been plodding along with build, doing bits here and there. I finished both sides, deciding not to replace the hangers with the etch parts, but thining down the kit parts. I thought the etch might have ben a bit to thin.

P1020705.jpg

P1020707.jpg

I also added some small chain to the ports.

Next up are the details on the roof. I replaced some of the small details with etch, but there isnt much up here....

P1020706.jpg

P1020708.jpg

The hatch is just sitting at the moment until I decide on the setting.

The rear panel is done except for the crane. The rear hatch will be positioned open or closed as per the top hatch.

P1020709.jpg

P1020710.jpg

Time for the easter bunny now.
Have a happy one.
Pete
:D

Thanks gents.
Slowly getting the big girl finished.
Knocked together the loading crane

P1020924.jpg

P1020926.jpg

Added the front gaurds and headlight

P1020928.jpg

Working on the last few bits now so hopefully should see some paint soon. :cheer:

Some last shots with the top sitting on.

P1020929.jpg

P1020930.jpg

Cheers all

Pete

Hey Pete! Glad to see you're making progress, it's looking great! The barrel looks round now and the etch details make a big difference, don't they? Nice job, wish I could get some motivation to finish mine!!

Thanks Mike.

Well, lets get the construction done.....

Decided to use the "Hi-tech" :lol: tracks from AFV. So close to going in the bin a couple of times.

P1020953.jpg

P1020954.jpg

It might have been me, but they are BLOODY AWFUL...

Pete

So now that the track nightmare is out of the way, the side gaurds are installed with very carefully applied lakes of superglue.

That should now complete the buildy part. Some naked shots :)

P1020955.jpg

P1020958.jpg

P1020961.jpg

P1020957.jpg

P1020956.jpg

Time for her to go to the spray room (or garage if you like).

Pete

Johnny, Mike, Gary, thanks. :)
Sorry for the lack of nakedness Gary :(

Anyway, got some primer on the big girl

P1020962.jpg

P1020964.jpg

Then after a bit of a pre shade, gave her a squirt of colour (although, looking at the photos..... not a lot.)

P1020965.jpg

P1020967.jpg

P1020966.jpg

Now to decide on the next colour.

Back soon

Pete

Back