• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Petes Sturmi

Hi all.
Heres my date stamp.
Thought I better get it up before I start.

P1020516.jpg

P1020518.jpg

Ok, lets get building. :cheer:

Pete

Ta Matt. Should be on a base, tossing around a few ideas.

Right, first up question before I go any further.
Started on the zimm but not to sure about it.

P1020520.jpg

P1020521.jpg

To give it a test, I have sprayed some yellow and then applyed a wash to see what it looks like.
Still not sure :unsure:

Thoughts please.

P1020522.jpg

P1020523.jpg

P1020524.jpg

Pete

While trying to convince myself that the zimm will be OK, I have carried on with the lower bits.

Suspension arms, drive housings and idler mounts are on.

P1020527.jpg

P1020528.jpg

P1020529.jpg

P1020531.jpg

Pete

The zimmerit doesn't look too bad but it looks round instead of angular and you have some curves in it that definitely destroy the effect. What tool are you using to make it? Also, in the first photo, the first two lines aren't offset as they should.

Ruben

I agree with Ruben.

The effect is good but the lines are not horizontal. Many of them have a slight curve.

Also, check, I may be wrong (I tried to search for some pics before posting this but found none), the gap may be to wide, meaning they are not to scale. You have 8 sections......... maybe 11 or 12 sections should be there.

Regards
Noel

Hi Pete,

I'm afraid I can't comment on the accuracy of the Zimm, but aethetically it looks good with the touch of damage, and the wash really makes it *pop*.

Looking forward to your build of this one.

(p.s. did you get my PM?)

Rudi

After deciding that my zimm sucked the big one, I removed it and tried again using some Mori that I borrowed from Matt. Still no better, so I removed it and sat looking dejected at the zimmless hull in front of me.

That's when I remembered that I had a set of Atak for a Tamiya Tiger 1.
Close enough for what I need, so out with the scalpel and a trimming I will go.

P1020570.jpg

P1020571.jpg

P1020572.jpg

P1020573.jpg

P1020574.jpg

A bit of filling in a few spots and it should be hunky dory. (y)

Pete

to me your earlier zimmerit applications looked fine! but that's the spirit of perfectionists - good is not good enough until it is perfect!

Not to sound like an echo, but I think both looked good, this version looks better. I am no authority, but from here you can knock some off, but you couldn't really add more from where you were. There are some really cool builds happening here, can't wait to see more of yours! :ro:

Hiya Pete.

It's looking good so far. I am really going to like this Group Build, because I am going to get to see so many of these cool German monsters. And this is truly a monster. I could not imagine how it would make someone feel to look out the window and see one of these things coming down the street straigt at you. :woohoo:

Gary B)

Hi folks, long time no post. Had all sorts of issues here. Computer crashed, work has taken over and had my daugther in hospital with apendicitis. I have decided that if I had to be a bachelor, I would not last a week. :blink

Anyway, back to the blog.

I have been doing some tinkering here and there.
The main components of the back panel are done.

P1020584.jpg

the same with the engine deck.

P1020581.jpg

I have assembled the side guards (badly soldered but it will be hidden)

P1020579.jpg

P1020580.jpg

And lastly at the moment, the wheels.

P1020587.jpg

P1020590.jpg

Hope to be updating regulaly now.

Only problem is that I am now my daughters netball coach. :pinch:

Ta
Pete

Hiya Pete.

Hope your daughter gets better very quickly.

And you have done some nice looking etch work. And all those wheels. Oh how I hate wheels. I think that is the only reason I don't do nothing but Panthers and Tigers over and over ;) .

And maybe you could ask Jenny and Mel for pointers on the net ball thing :lol:.

Gary B)

Man that is coming along nice Peter!
Sorry to hear about the dilemmas; hope your daughter is ok!
The zippedydoodah looks the part.
Hey, you going Sunday?
Brad

Looking good, Pete! Sorry to hear about your daughter and such, hope all gets better soon!

Hey Pete,

How ya going there mate?

Hope the daughter is ok now.

Nice work on the sturmi! I was wondering how this was tracking - I remember seeing it on the workbench when I was around.

Cya Sunday?

R~

Back