• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panther D

ij001

Kit - Tamiya
Paint - All acrylics
Decals - Star 35-876
Extras - JR turned aluminium barrel, Tamiya kit-specific 'Detail-up' etch set.

PzKpfw V Panther Ausf D
Pz.Abt 52, Late Summer 1943.

QrB62rR.jpg

Bwd3NFh.jpg

uQi2HIB.jpg

ZH0mlak.jpg

2af592n.jpg

KFDw06Q.jpg

Wb6m3Ht.jpg

hIoiWTz.jpg

Wanted this kit since it was first announced - my favourite German WWII vehicle by a country mile. Kit build is 'typically Tamiya' the usual perfect fit and engineering, did struggle with the kit supplied rubber tracks but that's because I think I glued the idler axles too far to the rear thus over-stressing the tracks, or I did something else wrong, who can say.

Paint is Mig's Dunkelgelb modulation set with Tamiya Red Brown and Field Grey 'squiggles' - I diluted the Tamiya colours about 70% with their lacquer thinner and it sprayed perfectly. The paint effects are the usual cocktail of sponge chipping, toothpick scratches, an enamel filter (home brewed) and oil-dot filter - In 1943 this would have been a relatively new vehicle so didn't want to fade the paintwork too much, or rust-up the exhausts. Dirt is all Mig pigments, European Earth, European Dust and City Dirt. I took my time and applied it (using clean turps as a fixer), just one facet at a time and I'm really pleased with the final result.

Only my third ever German WWII armour build and really enjoyed it.

Have the rest of a great weekend. Best from NZ.

Ian.

I'm just a beginner with armour so i can appreciate the work and skill thats gone into this to make it look real, Excellent Well done :)

Back