• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-51A Mustang

A few photos of my latest "victim" :laugh:

NORTH AMERICAN P-51 MUSTANG "Mah Sweet Eva Lee" - Tunisia, early 1943

Kit - 1/48 Tamiya P-51B, with salvaged Accurate Miniatures P-51A Allison engine and cannon fairings "cut & paste"
Extras - Ultracast propeller and exhausts
- Quickboost gunsight and cannon barrels

Build log over HERE

008.JPG

010.JPG

031.JPG

015.JPG

023.JPG

First time using resin parts and also first real attempt at weathering - a somewhat frustrating build but I had fun and learned a lot.
John

Very cool looking I think the early Mustangs were the best looking of the lot. What did you use to make the exhaust stain? I really like that. I hope you wont mind me saying that it could be a bit lighter farther back, but that shade looks great. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Very cool looking I think the early Mustangs were the best looking of the lot. What did you use to make the exhaust stain? I really like that. I hope you wont mind me saying that it could be a bit lighter farther back, but that shade looks great. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Cheers James, I used a very light gray and then Deck Tan, both heavily thinned with laquer thinners and shot it on with the airbrush (0.1mm) in several quick passes. It was protected before hand with an acylic clear coat that was truely cured. I will practice the technique before I use it again as I had a couple of goes at it and couldn't quite get it right............and I was running out of clear coat :)

Back