• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-40 E Dottie II

I went to buy Future for my Polish friend and one for myself as my wife admitted to using up the bottle in my workshop. I couldn't find it!

1001029_046500001826_A_400.jpg

I did find Pledge with the Future logo on it. Testing it tonight to see if it is the same stuff as it isn't cheap. My wife tested my bottle on the wood floors and said it is the same but I did not buy it for the floors now Honey, did I?!
:angry:

Okay today I tried to screw up the paint job as much as possible. Fortunately my airbrush died before I accomplished my mission :sick:

bad_paint.jpg

Painted the right wing tip instead of the right horizontal stab. Then tried the tail and luckily the airbrush died. I'll try and figure it out tomorrow. But the green looks good on the olive. I'll probably mask so as not to tempt the modeling gods anymore.

James

James, I think I see the problem ! The trigger has fallen off and onto the bench. :hmmm

Hope you get it fixed.

Cheers, Christian B)

I dont think the trigger did it, although it definitely wont work at the moment. It just lost pressure. Even when I went up to 60psi maybe 2 psi came out. Took the hose off and checked all the way to the poppet valve and lots of air. So its in the brush. Not happy about this. Have to repaint the error on the right wing before anything else also.
James

No it works. This morning I noticed the spray was above where I was aiming like when the needle is bent. Needle isnt bent though so I think some of the air plenums are clogged. Will give a bath tomorrow and see.
James

Okay, pulled out the old Paasche. Have the right wing tip to fix still. Also some areas the paint peeled when I took off the mask. Most unwelcome. :sick:
So lots of touching up.

paint1.jpg

But it looks like a half decent start.
James

Back