• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-40 E Dottie II

jknaus

Administrator
In anticipation of a new review I have started the Hasegawa 1/32 P-40 E. Seeing as I am waiting on some decals for my Roland I have a bit of time and so have started this kit. It will be oob as much as I can (no guarantees). Got this done today.

Cockpit1.jpg

I glue the fore and aft fuse assemblies together so they match up. Something that sometimes doesnt happen if you glue whole fore and whole aft assemblies together as per instructions.

cockpit2.jpg

cockpit_3.jpg

Have to finish touching up the cockpit and I have some indivisual instrument decals to put in the applicable spots. Then some Archer generic placards for around the cockpit.

James

Nice start, just remember that the masks were designed for the Revell kit (this only would affect the canopies):

Montex Plastic Model Club
Super Mask Series
1/32nd Scale

K32046.jpg

K 32046 P-40E for Revell

So, which scheme tickles your fancy?

Regards,

Nice start, just remember that the masks were designed for the Revell kit (this only would affect the canopies):

Montex Plastic Model Club
Super Mask Series
1/32nd Scale

K32046.jpg

K 32046 P-40E for Revell

So, which scheme tickles your fancy?

Regards,

True, but the important markings should fit well. The canopy is nice and easy. Dottie II is what I'm going to do. I hate doing NMF. Have some vallejo air paints coming and look forward to trying them also. Looking at some Radub belts and thats about all. I looked at resin cockpits but this one builds nice.
James

Hate NMF?? That's the second time someone has said that...I'm going to have to do something to fix this attitude. Still, it's a classic P40 and has those classic fighter lines.

Lookin good James!!! I like your bench. It looks like mine. :laugh:

Terry ;)

Hi James, looking good. Your bench looks like a battle scene. Wrecks and corpses strewn about ! :laugh:

Believe it or not I live about five miles from Curtis Wright. They would be proud of your efforts . Unless you put that sprocket in there........

Cheers, Christian B)

Just a small update. She's pretty much together. Just a bit more and then start painting. Cleaned up some of the carnage before taking this pic :laugh:
MP Je nes comprendes pas sbs :laugh: :laugh: :D

together1%7E0.jpg

James

Back