• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Opel Blitz DAK style

Thank you all!

Moving along, I painted the cast resin stowage crates to resemble wood. I used several colors of acrylic over an enamel primer. I finished off with an enamel wask, then gloss coated with some MM Clear Gloss enamel.

Then I Googled some images and printed my own decals.

Now I have crates containing secrets.

And the biggest secret......

G

Very nice, I was gonna says they needed a wash, but you took care of that, Those Cookies must have taken a while to digest ... :rotf (y) :ro: :dude

Thank you all!

Between holiday fun and working nights, I get little spare time now. I prefer to build, then post a lot of progress.

G

All done! :yipee

Tell me you don't hear the theme from "Indiana Jones" when looking at this.

I used the old Italeri 1/24th scale civilian Opel Blitz. I had to add the military headlight covers. I custom mixed Tamiya acrylics to replicate period correct "tropical" colors. The crates are resin items from ValueGear in 1/20 and 1/16 scale but look right at home here. I made the pallet with coffee stir sticks pilfered from a local chain beverage company. I scanned a lot of clipart and printed my own decals. The first set looked good applied over a gloss coat but silvered greatly once the dull coat was applied. Not happy with the colors anyway I stripped and repainted all but two.

I'm looking for some figures and then will model a desert base. I'm thinking that Master Box set of Henry Ford and friends will convert quite well.

G

Oh my I thought it was 1/35 scale! Great job!

....and yes I do hear the Indiana Jones Theme.

(y)

Don't you think used coffee stirrers would have given it that warm glow to the wood? :rotf

I dig it G! (y)

Looks like the set of 'Indiana Jones' !!

Ian.

You know that has already been mentioned, right ?? :evil: - Regardless, I love the whole idea, a straight forward model truck brought in to context by the accessories. Just superb.

Ian.

Back