• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Not Done, but I'm Calling It Done!

Duke Maddog

I'm going ahead and declaring this thing finished for now. This is the old Arii Cessna 172 floatplane in 1/72 scale. I had gotten it for a mere $5.00 and was hoping to make this look really good. From the beginning, this gave me all kinds of trouble: Prop getting lost, decals shattering, white paint needing to be stripped and re-painted etc. Finally, I got the red stripe decals I needed and some dry transfers to add the registry numbers to the fuselage. Well, this has revealed to me how badly I suck at dry transfers!

So, I put on what I could and now I'm calling this thing done because I'm simply tired and fed up with dealing with it! Once I get some new water based decals, I'll remove these bad numbers and letters and replace them. Until then this thing is going onto my shelf as a finished model:

Civilian_Cessna_172_Floatplane_I.JPG

Civilian_Cessna_172_Floatplane_II.JPG

Civilian_Cessna_172_Floatplane_III.JPG

I even had to scratch build the rudders on the backs of the pontoons since they had broken off and disappeared.

You'll notice that one side is even missing the '9' because the stupid thing folded up and disappeared. And there were only two of them that size on the sheet!

Thanks for looking in, any suggestions for this thing are welcome. I still can't get over how such a simple, easy little model with so few parts can be a hundred times more troublesome than Dora!

I was looking at the 1:48 172 at the Hobby Lobby the other day. wasn't but about 15 bucks. Might be fun to do. Good job Mark

The important thing is that you finished and learned from your experience...

Someday, I will actually finish a kit...

Thanks guys. It was amazing to me that such a simple thing could take 8 months to finish. I eventually hope to get some wet-transfer numbers and letters and do this thing much better. I'll be on the lookout to see what I can find.

Back