• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Completes Two Aircraft in November

Duke Maddog

Over the two weeks before Thanksgiving, I was able to complete two aircraft. They're not done, but they are done. There are a couple parts missing or things not done that I can't fix, so until I find replacements or figure out what to do, they are being declared done.

First is this RPM 1/72 scale Russian Be-4 float plane used on Russian cruisers and battleships in WWII. It is an odd little bird and this was a very short run kit, but it is finished:

full

full

full

I had to raise the center pylon which lead to me lengthening the support braces and so I should also have lengthened the outrigger pontoons. I probably will someday, but for now, it is being supported in these pics with a pair of tweezers.

Next up is a Hasegawa 1/72 scale Spitfire Mk.VIII. I lost one of the wing guns, and the tip off the other, but everything else is complete. Therefore I'm calling this done rather than leave it on the Shelf of Doom because of a couple parts. Also, I only got one shot of this, all other attempts to shoot more ground-eye-view pics failed so here it is:

full

That's all I have for now, Now to go post my finished armor for this month. Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Interesting work on that 1/24th scale build. Kind of interested in what you are referring to on the wing root.

Next up is a Hasegawa 1/72 scale Spitfire Mk.VIII. I lost one of the wing guns, and the tip off the other, but everything else is complete. Therefore I'm calling this done rather than leave it on the Shelf of Doom because of a couple parts. Also, I only got one shot of this, all other attempts to shoot more ground-eye-view pics failed so here it is:

full
@Duke Maddog, is this the one I sent you? If so, I might have spare barrels to send your way from other kits. Just let me know.

Thank you Bob!

Yes Saul, this is one of the two Spitfires you sent me. The other needs a paint repair before I can finish it, but I am close.

Thank you Ian! Your comments are most appreciated.

Thank you Paul! It's always great to see you stop in and comment!

Yes Saul, this is one of the two Spitfires you sent me. The other needs a paint repair before I can finish it, but I am close.
Send me a private message with your address. I am sure I have spare barrels from other kits. Let me know what you need to complete the kits I sent (if more than just the barrels).

Thank you Dave! It is a rare short run kit and might be a bit difficult to find. Maybe looking at some Eastern European distributors will yield results.

Saul, PM sent.

And Saul to the rescue! Thank you Saul!

Dave, go for it! I'd love to see your rendition of this model. Just remember to lift the wing and lengthen the struts and supports.

@Duke Maddog, I did look at my son's left over models and, as you can see, no propellers (I will modify with clear plastic 'spinning prop') and the exhausts are molded to the fuselage sides. I believe Hubert (dewertus) built this with my son quite a while ago...

il-272Luli 001.JPG
il-272Luli 002.JPG

Thank you Saul! No worries about the propeller. I do think I might have something suitable in one of my spare boxes; once I figure out where put the box of spare props! I'll then just have to wait till the exhaust shows up again. Stuff happens.

Thanks again for all you've done.

Back