• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nice ref Photo

Brokeneagle

Master at Arms
Hi all, a friend of mine shared this very nice Hunting Tiger ref photo of Pz. Regt 653 in the 1945. The big deal here is that it is in original color not colored lately with PS. Thats what I have been told and there are a few areas in the photo that look very original color wise and quite different to the PS versions of old photos, even the good ones.
FB_IMG_1632728618218.jpg

You know how hard it can be to find a decent parking spot with a 105 sticking out of the front of your hull. Parallel parking would have been a cast-iron bitch after the verdamnt Ivan's blew the rear view mirrors off.

Magnificent find! What an incredible photo! I wonder if more pics were taken by this photographer that survived the war.

Magnificent find! What an incredible photo! I wonder if more pics were taken by this photographer that survived the war.
There is a bunch of B&W's in the 653 book taken from all different angles but this is the only color shot I have seen. You never know, those B&W's may have been color when originally taken.......I have seen that happen a few times over the years, especially when the photos appeared in the 70's or 80's. It's as though they thought modelers prefered B&W?

Last edited:
Back