• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"New Guy" My very first post here.

And here are all 4 types. The shell is from the aftermarket set and is brass but lacks the charge bags that were issued with the hells. The kit examples are in the back row

001-102.jpg

I know that's alot to lay on ya'll in one shot. I am happy to answer any questions or recieve comments or generally just shoot the s--t.

Wonderful Stuff Jerry I love the overall look and especially the figures they are great

(y) (y) (y)

I would say that the commanders trousers are a lil bit thin and lacks some bulk especially where they meet the boots but that doesnt detract from a splendid scene your showing us all

You have a very good eye. The NCO has always bothered me but I am working to get this thing done for a show at the end of the month. Otherwise I think I would re-visit this guy. On the plus side,he does convay the emotion I wanted but I think I made the jacket too long. The pants were molded that way by Dragon and are not standard Wehmacht design but are the tropical version worn in Italy? I think. The late war version would be baggy and then actually taper in at the bottom. This was done for the leggings to fit better? He is also wearing mountain style boots but I suppose some artistic license is alowed?
I know the devil is in the details but that devil can also drive you nuts. Thanks so much for looking in.
J
J

I must express my general appreciation for all the wonderful comments and support. Please forgive my mistakes in posting format last night I was bleary eyed and should have waited to be more rested.
J

Oh dont worry about that,..its nice to see a new face that wants to partake in our great community especially in the figure section :D

Id get onto the introductions forum and post something about your self on there by way of a hello (y)

Mornings work. Got the ready ammo almost done. The HE projectiles are laying down and I am sure about the colors but does anyone know the markings for the poity ap round or the blunt multi purpose rounds? Also tried to get the look of a ceramic wine bottle and made a lanyard. I've never seen one in a dio or on a arty piece model,but then I have not sen them all!
J

001-104.jpg

Dont know if this will help.
http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=40505
James

Thanks for the tip and link. I changed the ap round to black warhead with white tip as per the pic in the link. Thanks,
J

Jerry,

Here is a link to help with the rounds. With the nicely done ammunition boxes, I thought you may have been using this link as it is a godsend when making them:

Click on image to go to specific page.

I hope this helps...

Got the stuff for my LfH18 detail set about 90% finished. In the back row are the 4 boxes already finished.Next up are the corrected ramrod and artillery aiming circle with battery pack and carrying case. Front row has a round with chrges in it,bakelite container for un-used charges(has removable lid)gunners angle,fuse setting wrench,gunners tools pouch and muzzle traveling cap. Not shown are the powder bags.

001-105.jpg

Jerry,

Here is a link to help with the rounds. With the nicely done ammunition boxes, I thought you may have been using this link as it is a godsend when making them:

I hope this helps...
Wow! Thanks for the link. I was not aware of these pics. Very nice. I am sort of happy that I didn't have these pics at the time I built all of those ammo crates. I would be in the loony bin even earlier! Nice sit though,thanks. I searched the web and found some good pics of boxes for sale at collectors sites but never the open crates for the projectiles. I also have some good books on arty that had action shots but of course these were grainy for the most part.

Back