• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USMC

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Hello Chaps and Chapesses,

Heres my entry into the DHPC GB

I am going all out to try and produce a scratch Marine in 1/35 scale

Here`s the components

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

As you can see from my ever decreasing photography skills that I will be using some different materials to try and achieve this

Note!

Here`s where I may get told off for asking but the head is from my USMC Group build but I felt that the head was undersized to use on that figure so I am asking permission to use this head in this build, please.

Here`s the thread where i did the head
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/usmc/29343-andys-marine-

I have another head as you can see from the pics that is the same but I would only be doing it the similar for this build if you get what I mean.

I will go with whatever you guys decide.

Torso is a old Tamiya German figure that will have the details chopped off and be sanded right down to get a torso effect,.. the figure is very small in comparison to say a Dragon figure so it would be perfect
Legs are at the moment copper wire
Boots I have 2 choices of a Verlinden set or a whittled down set of jackboots from the good old spares box.
Dragon Tommy Gun
Resin hands but I cant remember who does them !
I have no water bottle right now as I cant find and bottle covers with the cross over flaps as used in the PTO

Anyone who has any info on the basic USMC grunt uniforms and equipment then please shout

I will be using Aves Epoxy sculpt to make the man

So there you go and wish me luck !

Here`s where I may get told off for asking but the head is from my USMC Group build but I felt that the head was undersized to use on that figure so I am asking permission to use this head in this build, please.

since you're scratching the figure i say use that head! it's an ok from my side!

Good luck Andy! will follow this build to see how you transform those parts into a US marine :)

Hey Bagge, well wait no longer for first in progress shots

Here we have the German torso carved into a chesty sort of shape, obviously this will have to be a bit more refined but it gives you the idea.....

IMG_3537.JPG

IMG_3539.JPG

IMG_3538.JPG

Tomorrow I will have to work around the collar and neck area and then mask off the head so I dont muck it up during the other fleshing out processes. :blink Of course this would have been so much easier had the head not been already painted but I will overcome that problem :)

I am studying the works by Anders Heintz and Doug Cohen who I think are some of the best sculpters around at the moment and of course our very own Joe Hudson`s work is superb and that bloke Bradley aint bad either ;)
Also studying Bill Horan`s work as he does the most fantastically animated and posed figures !

Those old Tamiya figures are good for one thing :) used one as base for my grim reaper and saved alot of work.

Move over, Terry and quit hogging the popcorn! :drinks Good to see you back at it Andy!!

Progress

head now connected to torso and a vest top added that will be sanded down when putty is cured.
Pelvic area shaped out
Legs measured out against a Dragon Figure and finally boots glued on
:)

IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3541.JPG

IMG_3542.JPG

Very very cool Andy. Your a braver man than I painting the face and still having the body to sculpt. Very exciting to watch. (y) (y)
James

Well I must admit what you dont see in the pictures is part of the necks paint washed off a bit when I was blending the putty but thats no biggie really as I was intending to give him a bit of a touch up paint wise anyway ( that`s my story and Im sticking to it :) )

Gald youre liking it though :)

I see you got the knees marked, how did you get that mark, what measurement are you working with?

Back