• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NEAR MOSCOW DEC41 VIGNETTE 54MM

Great looking work Steiner. Not often we see figures in motion, action like this. I think you are capturing it well.

Hello again,here is some progress i made the last months, i added a third figure, a shouting NCO on top of the trench and airbrushed my vignette, i hope the fotos explain the procedure i followed, any comment as always welcome, thanks for looking guys, Teo :)

i decided to add a third figure, the arrows explain the flow i want to create
setup.jpg

the main frame is built on a friul skeleton
frame.jpg

coat skirts added
coat.jpg

helmet,balaclava hood and chinstrap added
head.jpg

white poncho garment sculpted and the head added
headadded.jpg

special care given to the belt area with tucked grenades
belt.jpg

finished , minor corrections remain
front.jpg

back.jpg

posing from another angle
posing.jpg

TRENCH AIRBRUSHING
painting begins with a coat of flat black , sandbags receive a desert yelllow coat
sandbags.jpg

sandbags are masked , the woodwork receives greyish coats
wood.jpg

ground is painted in brown hues, intentionally overspraying the woodwork
ground.jpg

more variations added to the woodwork
airbrushfinished.jpg

shadows and hilights added following “zenithal lighting” and the base is ready for detail brushwork
P8050001.jpg

the corugated panels received a mist of Tamiya metalic brown as a base for further treatment, here , a closeup on the texture
4543534.jpg

Finished at last, here are the fotos, i tried to portray a damp, wet and moody feeling to the scene, the slogan says in Russian “lets defend Moscow”. Thank yoy all for your constructive comments and watching my thread, Teo

1-4.jpg

P9210048.jpg

P9210043.jpg

P9210042.jpg

P9210039.jpg

P9210026.jpg

P9210046.jpg

P9210047c.jpg

P9210046c.jpg

details.jpg

deadruski.jpg

boots.jpg

zoom.jpg

footprints.jpg

Excellent vignette!!!!

It has everything...well sculpted figures in realistic and dynamic poses (I guess the dead guy isn't in a dynamic pose, but it is a realistic one); well thought out groundwork with trench section, expended shell casings and littered with equipment; and excellent painting of the figures and base.

I really like it.

Good job. I look forward to your next project.

That is a fantastic vignette. The pose , painting, everything are exceptionally well done. And yes I think you pulled of the concept you wanted. The fellow waving personifies the cold damp dreariness and stress of combat. Very well done. (y) (y)
James

I want to thank you all for your support and encouraging words guys, all of you helped me one way or another to finish that vignette, my first work with scratchbuild figures, if you liked the end result i am a happy modeler,again thank you very much, Teo :) :) :)

Back