• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nardi NF 305 della Regia Aeronautica

Hi folks,

Little progress but the little bugger is getting there.

The main camouflage is applied (brush painted, as usual) and the white stripes are in place. I imagine it would lookd much better with an airbrush, but oh well.

Here the pics:

h5e1fb5e.JPG

hdd498a9.JPG

h405be46.JPG

Cheers

Alex

Looks good Alex!

Just a suggestion, have you tried thinning your paint a little before brushing? If you thin it slightly, it will cover and the brush strokes should disappear.

I think I might have a document that described the technique well somewhere.. I know just getting back into the hobby I hand brushed my first few until I was able to get an air brush.

:popcorn

Another really cool camo (y) (y) (y) .

Although there are advantages to airbrushing, there are other things which are near impossible to do without tons of masking :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi there

So almost ready. Despite the horrid thickness of the painting and the many shortcomings in the finishing I still think it turned out an interesting exercise for a lot of things. The decals are in, I "peaked" inside the masking and there are no smears, future really does woek out well.

These are some images from tonight:

hc2404b9.JPG

h8a2d39d.JPG

h37d8903.JPG

I will try and finish it by the weekend.

Cheers

Alex

I find this an interesting model as I have never seen it before. (y) (y)

An interesting thing about Italian paint jobs ( except for the colors ) they are about as varied as fingerprints .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks everyone,

So I am ready. It is way too thick-painted but was an interesting exercise, since I had never before done a scratch-built detailing of the interior. The camouflage was interesting also in acrylic, I had never done it before. And at least it can induce an epileptic seizure if you look for too long to the spots.

Cheers and happy Easter,

Alex

h4949866.JPG

h0d36df0.JPG

h5188460.JPG

h509f22c.JPG

Back