• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NAMESAKE ARMOR CAMPAIGN

The T-10 started life as the IS-10(JS-10) the final installment of the Joseph Stalin series.

ments-018_0_1430188741.jpg

Thanks for that explanation John, that is so cool to know. And yeah, Spanish here in California is most helpful. I'm glad that I took that in high school.

That's good to know Terry. I didn't know that. Man, these boards are so educational! Gotta love Modeler's Alliance! :Drinks:

Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder about my sanity ! - Was just about to commit to buying a KV2, when there was a 'hold on a minute...' moment in my head.

Just remembered in-time, I have this:

Beast box.jpg

What do you guys think ? - it's got comrade Stalin's initials, does it qualify ?

Ian.

I looked it up the other day as I remembered the JSU series of tank destroyers and wondered the same thing. The SU stands for SU-152 (Samokhodnaya Ustanovka-152) The JSU-152 or ISU-152 I think stands for something other than old Stalin. Where the IS series tanks were named after Stalin, These were considered either mobile artillery or tank destroyers.

If everyone thinks it is OK, go for it Ian.

However, I did find a German tank.

Elefant_USAOM-01.jpg

The Elefant (German for "elephant") was a heavy Jagdpanzer (tank destroyer) used by German Wehrmacht Panzerjäger during World War II. Ninety-one units were built in 1943 under the name Ferdinand, after its designer Ferdinand Porsche, using tank hulls produced for the Tiger I tank design abandoned in favour of a Henschel design.

Bingo!

I don't want to be divisive or folks thinking that I'm trying to bend the Campaign definition to suit what's in my stash - we've been down that road before here at MA - Easier to sit this one out. I'll build the 'Beast' sometime, just not for this campaign.

Not got enough interest in the Bradley just now and have recently built a couple of Shermans, a Chaffee and a Cromwell, so I'll just cheer from the sidelines.

Have a great weekend folks. Best from NZ.

Ian.

Back