• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My 3D experiences good and bad.

@Bagge Happy Birthday!
3D-Happy Brithday.gif

A coat of Future helps tame those awful layers a little. I had some luck dipping 3D 1/700 aircraft in Future.
20230308_151425.jpg20230308_151430.jpg20230308_151706.jpg
I had the idea I wanted to build a 1/35 Willy's Pick-up. I ordered this from a vendor in Wichita, KS. It scales out about 1/33, so not too bad. I can't fault the vendor. He illustrates what an absolute turd it is. (Could it really be THAT bad?) I figure the 1/35 Dodge WC-56 4X4 running gear would almost fit. Nothing to do here but C/A glue fill/sand/rinse/cuss/repeat OR cover it with stowage and jerry cans.
A project for a day when there is nothing left to do. :lol::bash::lol::bang head

Bought the Elegoo wash and cure set, what a difference in cleanup!
have one container for the first wash and then one cleaner for the second fine wash.

P1130323.JPG

Looking forward to get the hobbyroom setup so that everything have a place and not a mess like now...

Beware uncured UV resin inside of solid prints!
20230904_080243.jpg20230904_080257.jpg20230904_080315.jpg
Unscheduled out-gassing, bursting and leaking may occur! Throwing away of clothes/anything near it and nausea if you smell or get any on your skin.

I don't think I understand what happened there but wow.
This is the original Order of the Golden Fying Fluck award from 2022. In a little less than a year, uncured UV resin (because sunshine doesn't reach the inside of a solid object,) gas expanded. The Fluck ruptured, uncured resin ran pout onto desktop, hands and clothes. The ruptured Fluck continued to fracture as exposure to ultraviolet light (Sunshine) cured the rest of the interior of the no-longer-solid Fying Fluck.
20221213_205347.jpg
Similarly 3D printed, solid Christmas Missile Toads were gifts for our kid's families. Phone calls were made to insure these were properly protectively packaged to insure a similar unscheduled out-gassing/fracturing event didn't lay waste to other family Christmas heirlooms.
Now you know The Rest of the Story.
The Rhino.
Good Day!

I guess that means that you will need to drill holes in their butts so they can poop.

:poop:
And shine a bright UV light pen up there. "Blowing sunshine up their a$$"?
This is why the TLAR Fying Fluck is a solid cast article. The endothermic reaction of the Smooth On liquid polyurethane plastic cures completely in 4 hours.

Back