• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My foray into the world of 3d printing.

View attachment 157594
what would you call those. Those tires almost look deflated as you would say
This is what I wrote, it refers to sidewall bulging (the proper term is deflection), not the flat spot and my comments are based on personal experience working with aircraft:

"... the tire appears deflated. The sidewalls were quite sturdy on them. "

"Note that this is under the weight of three ground crew, yet no evident bulge"

"... more to show little bulging"

Deflection is important in landing on airstrips to absorb the shock and a reason why some tires require high pressure.

In the end, it is your 3D model so...

Different tread and worked on making it flat and with a bulge......also installed a VAT heater that keeps the resin above 90 degrees.
View attachment 157567
View attachment 157568
View attachment 157569
View attachment 157570
This looks to be a really good print! smooth with no big step lines. The bulge does look to be about 50% too much. I look at car tires a lot. Today I saw a van with a very low tire. The rear tire on the right was like looking at a square cross section. Minimal sidewall bulge on it. The left tire was just looking forward to being flat. It was really weird looking in that you still had the square cross section that was a little lower. Sidewalls were still fairly flat but right at the ground the sidewall made a very pronounced bump dXb like this.

Thats the one I have been researching. It works well? Very gets nice and warm. It comes with a stick on celsius gage. Its kinda hard to read. I'm going to order a different one from amazon.

Back