• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MSN-04 Sazabi

Going to jump in with a new build for my first in progress post on MA.
This is a Bandai 1/144 Gundam kit but one of their older kits from 20 years or so ago. So I'm going to add a little more detail and scribe some more panel lines onto it.
P1040771.jpg

P1040773.jpg

This is the kit built up first, took about 3 or so hours - next up - break it down and sort the parts out for some work. Got the 1/144 Gundam RX-78-2 standing on the left as a size comparison.
P1040774.jpg

P1040772.jpg

This is so i can glue the shoulders together and be able to slot the arms in and out - will help for the paint process. May not be pretty but you wont see it once complete.
P1040775.jpg

P1040776.jpg

P1040777.jpg

P1040778.jpg

P1040779.jpg

I've just used some odds and ends to liven it up a bit. The last pic shows where I've cut the pelvis so i can shorten the model by 6mm or so - it looks a little lanky otherwise. Panel lining and painting next. Cheers chaps.

oh noooooooo - this reminds me on my landing gear graves of the B-2, still have to do those ...

erm ... Looks great so far - I'm watching

Thanks guys - here's a bit more done today -
P1040780.jpg

P1040781.jpg

P1040782.jpg

Going to try this - hope it works :gogo Use masking tape to simulate panel lines, well it is from an anime so cartoony is good right?
P1040783.jpg

Will put a light coat of metal on the parts that need it next then some clear red.

This will be interesting to see. I assume you painted it black first or is that the plastic colour?
James

Cheers chaps. James- yes I sprayed it black first - the kit comes in an awful red and pink plastic mainly - see the top pix at the start of the thread.
Well the paint worked out pretty well - i have some touch ups to do but next up when that's dry I will paint the joints and pipes then it's assembly time :)
P1040784.jpg

P1040786.jpg

P1040787.jpg

Okay, now that is neat. You guys are bound and determined to make me want to get into this stuff :D
(y) (y) (y)
James

Okay, now that is neat. You guys are bound and determined to make me want to get into this stuff :D
(y) (y) (y)
James
Chef Already has me. I just assembled my first Gundam last week and its way more dificult than Chef makes it look - FUN though :laugh:

Thanks guys. Well it's nearly done - got the bits and pieces painted but I still have the shield to do. No update pix today - well I have but I thought you'd rather see it all put together really ;)

Back