• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

More help needed!!!!

Gene

Afternoon boys & girls,
Gene here again.:laugh: I am about to start the Zimmerit on Academy's mid-late production Tiger I w/ interior. Here's what I need to know thus far.
1. It will be exploded view w/ all panels separated for easier viewing.
2. Main gun & mantlet will also be removed, what kind of field made cradle would be used to support main gun?
3. Does anyone make decals for instruments, & other interior markings? If not does anyone have clear pix of said gauges, & markings?

Thanks again for all help on this!!!!
Gene

1. NEATO! When I was a kid I use to take those Monogram B17 kits and make cut away versions. that idea has always been at the back of my head. Looking forward to seeing that.

2. If it's a cradle that was field built then I say your imagination is the limit. You could use that Plasticruct <sp> I Beam stuck to make a simple saw horse.

3. Archer is the first name that comes to mind but I bet some other folks know lots more. I'm sure you'll have answers out the yingyang shortly.

Okay, markings, I would go with archer. Field cradles, wood planking or saw horses or 2 45 gallon drums with plank between.
This is an excellent new book on the subject that I will review shortly.
pws2022.jpg

This link will also be of great help. Look about half way down to see the gun on planks on ground.
here

James

moon pup,
Hey,I remember those days!!!You,re looking forward to seeing it?? :laugh: Me too!!! :laugh:
So as to not damage anything could the cradle be wood??
Archer? Hmmmm, I'll check!!
Thanks!!!
Gene

It's your cradle Dude, I would make pretty heavy timbers cause I doubt that gun would sit on 2x4s

RZM.here . They have good service.
Also did you see the other link? About 1/2 way down they look like 2x6 or 2x8s that the gun is resting on.

here

JAmes

James,& Cheyenne,
Thanks!!! Yes I did see the 2x8's.
But I think I am gonna go with the pix Cheyenne provided using saw horses.
But we shall see.
Gene

Back