• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Pup's Mulligan

That's right, but those side walls go all the way up to the firewall. So I guess this is the question for Jerry, are we suppose to chop portion of those sidewalls off to fit the IP? Problem that raises is if I put the kit IP up centered before the sidewalls, it will overlap some of the details of the IP.

Here's the same scenario. Kit IP on the same sidewalls.

Can't see well in this picture but the sidewalls go all the way to the firewall
P51D005.jpg

So obviously I can't put the IP all the way up there. The guy couldn't reach it.

P51D008.jpg

here you can see the lip that I assume the IP sits on top of the sidewall. I don't understand.

Jerry, I got two pages of instructions, well one page and a color call out for the wiring. Were there suppose to be more?

Terry the first two are Jerry Rutman's IP that I decided not to use, the second two is the kit with the Eduards color PE installed. Both IPs are identical width.

Sorry MP I misunderstood. Reading the other posts sounds like a solution may be reached soon.

:blush:

No problem Terry, I stopped by the work bench on the way out the door this AM and tested the theory. I think I"m on to something, it closed up the gap enough to work with. Pictures this weekend if all goes well.

Sure don't want to give up on this. That's a lot of plastic and resin to have sitting in the WIP stash.

I'm going to pick up the wings and start working there, I got those pretty white brass landing gear, all this Rutman resin. Shame to let it go.

Back