• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Pup's Mulligan

FAST??? Not hardly..

I got the Deuce and a Half I need to muddy up and finish. The Bone has one more decal to make and wash it, call it finished. The Halftrack and 88 are waiting a base and some minor details to be finished. Just started the Ford Fairlane and this. All in all, not bad. Really only one on the bench active. I want to get this cockpit done and sealed up in the fuselage as it's the one thing I really sort of dread.

Question for Jerry Rutman!

How many pages were suppose to be in this set I got from you? I have two. Seems a lot if info is missing. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to install the seat.

TIA

This help?
016.jpg

:bang head :bang head :bang head

test fitting with the IP in place and I end up with about a 3mm gap right above it. Can't close up the fuselage. Guess I should have thinned the side walls down to paper thin. I can't trim the IP itself. Did I say... :bang head :bang head :bang head

Gear SUCK. :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Oh man that does suck. Do you have any pictures of the problem area? Maybe some folks would have some help suggestions if they looked at it.

:v Peace through VICTORY

I'll do some pictures. I'm going to have to cut into the resin sidewalls but that's going to obscure details along the edges of the IP. I don't know why I didn't dry fit with the IP in place to start with. Probably because all those loose parts just don't dry fit well..I tried this with both the kit part and the resin IP, same result.

As I can't see your problem in person,I can't offer a fix strategy. I will say that I built my masters inside the kit so they did fit. When I make a replacement partthe first thing I do is make sure it fits(some other companies cannot make that claim)
J

Post photos please... do you have de-bonder to remove the resin and start over? It may be where you located the sidewalls, or some other item.

By the way, I insinuated that the P-51D items would be released again and they have become to reappear under a new name. While I honestly thought it would be Tiger Models, it turns out that they will re-appear under Grey Matter Resin of the UK.

Regards,

I got acetate, which is the same...~~~right~~~?

Acetate is great for creating the clear 'glass' of instruments but I think you need to sneak some acetone (nail polish remover) from your wife for this. The only thing is that acetone can react badly with styrene so test on a sprue tree first!

Regards,

Here's some pictures.

First two are without the IP in place. The Resin firewall is in place and lined up OK.

P51D005.jpg

P51D006.jpg

And here's the one with the Rutman IP

P51D007.jpg

P51D008.jpg

closer to 2 mm instead of 3.
P51D009.jpg

And with the kit part in place, which I opted to go with including the Ed color pe.

P51D010.jpg

P51D011.jpg

I can probably shave down a mm on each side to make this work, that's not reallya problem. After reading Jerry's neverending build and someone elses, I have no doubt it's something I looked over but I don't know how I could shave the side wall down further as it is already paper thin.

First off the IP looks really good. How does this IP compare with the one in the kit(same shape and size)? The kit maker has probably taken liberties with the kit IP to make it fit into their cockpit. The only way I can see to fix this is to take material off the IP until it fits. :(

Terry the first two are Jerry Rutman's IP that I decided not to use, the second two is the kit with the Eduards color PE installed. Both IPs are identical width.

The reason I asked was several pits I've done (not P-51) the IP almost always sits at the end of the side wall, not attached to it but from the looks of things yours attaches to the side wall. Was there a mounting point on the side wall for the IP ?

The panel should be centered before the sidewalls. Compare to these images:
p-51d-cockpit-side-view.jpg

p51_panel1.jpg

p51_panel2.jpg

01MSTG13.JPG

na_p-51d-cockpit.jpg

P-51C to compare:
p-51c_cockpit_01.jpg

P-51D again:
Hist%20P-51B%20Cockpit.jpg

P-51CFV.gif

Note the shape of the panel here (note you are looking at the panel form the nose as the purpose is to show the electrical box mounts):
p51_elec1.jpg

Yep, TMI as usual,

Back