• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's Big Bone...

The cockpit windscreen looks fabulous. I did not realize you had such large gaps that the Cyano-Acrylate would seep in. Knowing that, damming the interior with cellophane would have saved your sanity some. When the interior is not accessible, I use cellulose (black) glue which is spread into the seam and wiped with a damp cloth. It shrinks as it dries but does seal the interior and dams it from having the Cyano-Acrylate enter.

Strange, now I can't find the black glue anywhere.

Regards,

someone read your previous post and bought it all up. I have to admit, there may have been some sloppiness involved...OK. There was. But live and learn and that is a great tip to learn. Thanks Saul!

Maybe a good step by step would be in order. I can see this being done on a multitude of applications.

I got CA all over this thing pluggin' up gaps. They must have beat these molds to helenback...And this kit was an original.

Bone012.jpg

Bone011.jpg

Just saying...

I was putty lucky to have a snow day, I would have hated to waste a good weekend day on sanding this SOB!!

About to prime the nacelles.

And humble apologies to Eduards for all the bad things I said about them, I popped the solder point and inspected closer, I was off by a fraction. Fits like a glove.

Tape off one end of the intake and pour in some latex white or off white paint. Pour out remove tape and hang to dry so any excess paint can drain. No seams inside and proper colour.
James

Hi Bob, glad to hear you figured out the Eduards stuff as it remain a mystery to me at times . At least that gives me hope for the Phantom parts I have stashed away.
By the way, Mike tells me that Lowes has some mud on sale .

Glad you're making good progress.

Happy snow days ! Christian

I thought he already called in not going? What did they do, put the guilt trip on him? I think we got hit harder than yous guys. I'm seeing about 7-8 inches before the ice started packing it down. Reminds me of the North Dakota snow...some what, in that when you step on it you break through a layer of ice.

James, I thought about doing that trick but I doubt anyone will see it that closely. Besides, I put it to the side and started eye ballin' the deuce.5.

They tried the guilt trip, but it didn't work. Actually, I've been rooted in my chair watching the episodes of World War II In Color that I've recorded.

Wow, I think you need a trip to the auto body store for a GALLON of Bondo! Ooof! Queue "Enter Sandman" again!

Road trip once the glacier retreats ! (y) I need to soothe my nerves myself. Just glued the top wing to my Fiat ! :sick:

Just give me the date and I'm there. Except Wends this week...

bone015.jpg

One thing for sure, i'm going to need a LOT more Mr. Surfacer. Not sure how far up those cans are suppose to go up the tail pipe, will check pictures. Back to work in the morning.

not on the intake vain. that's a single piece and another source of a seam vertically. There's a couple of spots that need attention as you can see. As an afterthought I put in just a rod to simulate the added ducting/deverter inside the intakes.

base1.jpg

BTw, this is the old chopping block I'm thinking of using as a base. This chopping block is older than most of us and was in use at our family restaurant. It's too large for me to make use of in our kitchen and it's been inthe shop for a long time. I think some TLC can bring the color back and even everything out again. You'd have to understand the abuse it took over the years to see the shape it's in now.

Still thinking the base over right now.

base1.jpg

BTw, this is the old chopping block I'm thinking of using as a base. This chopping block is older than most of us and was in use at our family restaurant. It's too large for me to make use of in our kitchen and it's been inthe shop for a long time. I think some TLC can bring the color back and even everything out again. You'd have to understand the abuse it took over the years to see the shape it's in now.

Still thinking the base over right now.

Some wavy Plexiglas for overhead lights in a blue colour on top, some trim on the sides, a bit of dry brushing white to highlight the waves and viola.

James

Back