• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's Big Bone...

Yes I did learn but having a hard time applying it to the canopy.

1, cellophane tape?
2, not CA?
3, I use the eye of a sowing needle, various sized holes allow various amounts of CA where you need, want.

I think I got ya. Will give it a shot.

Yes I did learn but having a hard time applying it to the canopy.

1, cellophane tape?
2, not CA?
3, I use the eye of a sowing needle, various sized holes allow various amounts of CA where you need, want.

I think I got ya. Will give it a shot.

Cut the end of the eye so the glue can flow better. Works the charm. I have my needle embedded in a down for more pen like control.
James

There's a nice explanation on how to make a CA applying tool - text is German, but the pictures do speak for them self
http://www.modellversium.de/tipps/1-werkzeuge/79-.html

Yeap, that's the article I saw. Shoot Martin, I probably got the idea from you to start with.

I have never sanded so much in my life. I think I have used every sanding pad, sheet, stick or whatever I could get my hands on to get this done. I sprayed the gold again with the windscreens in place and found where some rouge CA had slipped in behind the windscreen....sand sand sand sand sand...I have fat fingers so to sand inside the closed up nose section ain't relaxing to me...finally got smart and squirted some windex up in there to give some lube.

Pictures later. got more sanding to do...

as Mike said - they called him Sandman :) but, Bob, my job for the coming weeks will be the same.

the reason I had to sand inside was the CA seeped in and ran a bit. that made inside very unevened. When spraying the Alcad inside it looked like crap. so I had to try to get it smoothed out. Either way about it, I think this would have been a tough chore regardless with the wrap around windscreen. I can see smaller ones like canopies would work like a charm.

I'm not sure if I did it Sauls way or not but it was close. I was able to control the CA to a point...practice will make this work better.
bone009.jpg

But it is a smooth seal around the windscreen.
bone010.jpg

When setting up for these shots I saw all these marks and scratches inside. I didn't see them under the lights of the shop...it's all sealed up, I can't get inside.
bone011.jpg

Did anyone mention how big this thing is??

When did you build an Albatross? (At least from this angle it looks like an Albatross.

Oh and sanding looks fine.
James

Can't see what you're talking about from here, so onward and upward, Private Snowball!

The Albatross was build a couple of years ago for a one week build competition at Swanny's. I won, Mark (Gawonii) donated a Sotar 20/20 as the grand prize. WAY COOL! Hey I took Friday off work to bring that little rascal in on time.

I tell ya James, I went through every sanding medium I have to get that thing right. I have to admit I like the look of it, virtually seamless.

I forgot to post this....Eduards PE Afterburners

bone012.jpg

That outer ring is suppose to fit over the second set of turkey feathers. It doesn't. I was able to get the tabs of each ring soldered for a stronger bond. (Does CA have a shelf life??) But when I tried to get that ring over the other assembly it just does not fit. If I had wrapped it around the assembly it would have come up short.

Think I'll holler at Jerry Rutman and see if he has a set of cans sitting around.

Hi Bob,
that nozzle assembly looks pretty good. Not all that surprise about Eduards. They make nice looking stuff that does not always fit.

Ready for the ice storm ?

Cheers, Christian

Yeah I'm ready, picked up milk and bread with all the other lemmings. You boys watch out up there, the rednecks will be in full "Hey y'all watch this, mode of it ices over.

Chris the ring with the detail is suppose to cover that blank one that the feathers are attached to. Why they didn't detail that ring I'll never know. but joined up as instructed it comes up lacking.

I may go back to the kit parts and use the cosmetic parts off eds to make them look better.

Back